Don's Customs - Newest up: Marauders Tier 1.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
The team's sniper and weapons expert. I'm not sure I photographed all the Bad Mother tattoos on this guy, I might have to reshoot him to get them all (maybe after I add a few more tats). Probably still some work to do on the back of his armor as well.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And last of the four; meanest mofo on the team. Another Bad Mother tattoo, and a replacement upper for his chest armor. And I mentioned he's wearing Marauders WWII Japanese boots.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And since I know too many of the team-room details are obscured by the team, here are some shots without figures.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
Those last four are a couple months old. This one was done a few weeks ago. I think all of the extra (non-Marauder) pouches and the chest-mounted radio are BBI.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And this guy I did last night and this morning. I've had these parts sitting around for awhile, but if I'm going to airbrush some primer on a project I try to make it 3 or 4 projects at once. It saves airbrush cleaning time.
It's mostly a Marauder Contract Ops figure, with a Marauder WWII head, a Marauder vest that has been altered to mount the kit from a BBI Elite Forces (Patriot) figure.
I cut the molle off the front of the Marauder vest with an xacto knife (I always save the cut molle in case I need to cover a gear-hole on a Marauder vest), and glued on the dremeled-to-fit BBI plate carrier piece. And added some pouches from my pouches-bin to the back of the vest.
Once it was primed I got excited about the project again, and knocked out some color painting.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And a quick team shot (the team room is currently deconstructed).

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Digging the whole team (and the rec room)! Can’t wait to see them fully kitted out.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
The ammo boxes are more difficult. Mostly 'cause I've been collecting action figure stuff for like 40 years, and don't always remember where something came from. Some of my mil boxes and crates came from www.build-a-rama.com, but they don't stowage in 1:18th scale anymore (they do make some kick ass diorama mats though; you should at least check those out). Some boxes/crates are old BBI or 21st Century maybe.

Don

APO-state.
May 18, 2013
And just for fun. I posted this on FB yesterday with comment about the unique productivity challenges of working from home. ;)

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
The ammo boxes are more difficult. Mostly 'cause I've been collecting action figure stuff for like 40 years, and don't always remember where something came from. Some of my mil boxes and crates came from www.build-a-rama.com, but they don't stowage in 1:18th scale anymore (they do make some kick ass diorama mats though; you should at least check those out). Some boxes/crates are old BBI or 21st Century maybe.
Thanks bro keep up the good work