drooping blades-any good fixes

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'm going to be hanging up my fleet of large helis soon, but both my blackhawks as well as both my apaches have drooping blades. Somehow the huey and super cobra are fine but I can't stand the drooping blades if I have them hanging. I'm trying to think of a solution that doesn't affect the asthetics of the helis though and only one thing has come to my mind, which would be to put a carbon fiber rod in the blades. Theres no way I'd be able to drill out the blades though because of their size though, so that plan won't work. Anybody got any suggestions?

I just thought of something else: If I hung the helis a couple inches out from the blades grips does anybody know if the propeller shaft would fall out or if the blades would just take on a rainbow shape?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
drooping blades?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There really isn't a fix short of a running lines from the blade tips back to the suspension hook.

The Huey's aren't gonna droop because of the rigid plastics.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Two of the blades on my Blackhawk tend to droop badly. The design of the pegs at the base of the blades means they can only be inserted into the hub in one direction, but I've trimmed the pegs to enable the blades to be flipped over and re-inserted (Eddieism right there). That way, if they droop too much I can turn them over and gravity will eventually straighten them out again.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Two of the blades on my Blackhawk tend to droop badly. The design of the pegs at the base of the blades means they can only be inserted into the hub in one direction, but I've trimmed the pegs to enable the blades to be flipped over and re-inserted (Eddieism right there). That way, if they droop too much I can turn them over and gravity will eventually straighten them out again.

I have done this as well.

It works !!