DrSyn's Customs and other bullshit WIP thread.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Right, probably better to throw all my WIPs that I'll be doing over this month and beyond. Rather than multiple threads all over the show. Streamline-age.

So without further delay:

Scarlett, inspired by Fled74's work the other week. I think it worked out well.

Next I have to made up Action Force Brits to the mix:

Bulldog, inspired by Ross Kemp's character Staff sergeant Henry Garvie of the S.A.S. I felt it suited the slap head look of the Serpentor head. Torso is from Renegades Duek, arms RoC Stone and the legs from my sacrificial Cobra Trooper.

Next up is Banshee, inspired in name and using the punk nature of Zarana's head by Siouxsie Sioux who started out as a Sex Pistol's groupie in the late 70s. I just wanted to use Zarana's head on a Joe custom. One thing led to another. Torso, lower arms and lower legs. is Renegades Scarlett, upper arms are from RoC Cover Girl. Upper legs are Resolute Scarlett's. Needed a fair bit of modifying and shaving to fit the leg parts together. The end result is she is shorter than most Modern Joes.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
now that's a real American Mohawk.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Great facial hair shadow on Bulldog. Did you sponge the Camo?

Aye, figured it was worth a try.

I need to work on it somewhat.

Been working on a worn and run down HiSS II I got. SO I figured I'd give it the German Grey.

Now it looks like it needs a clean.

And I also decided to take the Desert pack Major Bludd and give him some hair (hate his old helmet). The head will probably go onto a more casual body so Bludd can be seen in public places. Which I forgot to post an image of originally:

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Derp, I forgot I had this.

With the hobbit stuff lighting a fire under my ass, I present:

Formerly a Return of the King Frodo Baggins in Mordor disguise. Now his face is being sculpted to pass as an orc (helmet still goes over easily). He makes for a good 1/18 orc standing more or less at the height of a man, but bulkier.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Aye, figured it was worth a try.

I need to work on it somewhat.

Been working on a worn and run down HiSS II I got. SO I figured I'd give it the German Grey.

Now it looks like it needs a clean.

And I also decided to take the Desert pack Major Bludd and give him some hair (hate his old helmet). The head will probably go onto a more casual body so Bludd can be seen in public places. Which I forgot to post an image of originally:

outstanding job on that head.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Derp, I forgot I had this.

With the hobbit stuff lighting a fire under my ass, I present:

Formerly a Return of the King Frodo Baggins in Mordor disguise. Now his face is being sculpted to pass as an orc (helmet still goes over easily). He makes for a good 1/18 orc standing more or less at the height of a man, but bulkier.

I do believe that will pass as an Orc1 wow. thats some great sculpting, cant wait to see him finished.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
BLAM

Gross face is gross, but it's an Orc... they're allowed to be ew.

Thankfully he has a helmet

and let us commence battle.

and finally a pic of the Warg rider orc wearing a neo Viper vest/armor

Got a MotU vibe but it fits and I will explore more accessories on these Hobbit figure bodies.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Churs,

First up, size comparisons:

next up w.i.p:

Elven archer here is using the Vintage Aayla Secura body with right lower arm and hands donated by the Tauriel hobbit figure (plenty on the shelves to replace the donor). Sculpted fur on the boot tops and some 80s-tastic hair and ears. Oh and the feet are from another Jedi figure.

This knight has been sitting on the w.i.p bench for a while, I need to do some work on his legs and make a soft goods tabard and some fancy hardware store wire for a few belts and scabbard. Helmet is removable too, head is from Zee german Indiana Jones Motorbike rider.

Orcs, sculpted different tops for them, as I don't want them to be clones. One has ear extensions and hair. Been toying with getting some Revoltech joints for ankles too. ORcsssssess precioussss.

Word to your mutha.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dammit, now I wish I hadn't shitcanned that goblin Samwise with the busted neck joint!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
So I got a 2nd MU X-23 body and had a spare RoC Scarlett...

Thus we have the worst archaeologist and WWF's (world wildlife fund) enemy #1:

Lara Croft by DrSyn, on Flickr

Shortened X-23's lower legs, added the harness and belt. Holsters are from RoC Elite/Desert Viper belts, as are the pouches and radio.

The pony tail is cotton thread braided and glued into the head where I drilled a large enough port for it.

some parts breakdown w.i.p:

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Right time for a BLOWOUT!

Minor tweaks to the Marauders, skin washes, vests added.

Changed the colour on the RoC Eel's vests, simple as.

Swapped the Ulitmate Snake's Head with the Black 25th Commando head, never liked the heads he came with, way too pin headish for me.

Simple parts swaps in the legs and heads for SCIENCE!

*eh* customs of Repeater and Mirage.

Mostly just paint washes on the Skin and what not

Minor part swaps and gear change for my damp team, I want a few more divers with combat vests for COMBAT DIVING fun.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Continued:

Painted the skin of both figures, nothing too exciting.

Gave Mouse a skin wash (mousewash?)

I've shown Banshee off before, the other is a colelction of leftovers used to make CJ from San Andreas (bustah)

I'm probably going to get rid of the Mutton chops so Recondo looks less like Ambush.

RoC Storm Shadow, upgraded with some spare Retaliation hands and head (cleaned the grey off) and give a light blue paint wash.

Default Duke, with the Renegades head, the skin has been given a light ink wash for details!

and finally w.i.p:

Airborne and Ripcord, Airborne is waiting on some spare Renegades Ripcord legs.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Finally:

I upgraded 25th Bazooka

and made my Ultimate Lady-Jaye, influenced by the Nightforce and concept case, naturally.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's hard to see, but I'm still really digging your Red Dog...I also really like the added turtleneck and harness to DG Shippy...