Figma Starship Troopers

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
FREEing unveiled plans to do a Bug as part of the figma (kind of a collaborative line amongst a number of Japanese manufacturers) line back at WonFes Winter in February. WF Summer was Sunday, and they actually had a prototype to show.

No details, as such. If it's not a Fate figure progress on a Japanese figure release can be absolutely glacial. The troopers are probably in the 1:24-1:20, range, but the Bug should be large enough to convincingly kill your Hiya Colonial Marines and Cobra Troopers.
The prices on figma have gone retarded, so I expect this one to be somewhere in the $80-$100USD range. Could release next year, but realistically it could be in this phase for years. Like I said, glacial.

Reactions: NSA and pcsguy88

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
If they will work with 1:18th figures, I know a lot of people who would be interested.

This reminds me of the giant Galoob toy that came out around 95 or 96 (whenever the movie came out I suppose). I loved that thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If the Yen tanks and the dollar stays "strong" it'll be cheaper come release time. Plus there's always the chance of a bootleg release from our Chinese friends. If the coronavirus doesn't kill them all, anyway...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
If the Yen tanks and the dollar stays "strong" it'll be cheaper come release time. Plus there's always the chance of a bootleg release from our Chinese friends. If the coronavirus doesn't kill them all, anyway...
It'll be awhile before I order anything directly from Chiner. You just never know who packed it and if they sneezed in that nasty wad of heathen newspaper.