First world war figures?

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
Does anyone know whether there would be coming up figures of WWI? In August there will be the centenary of the start of WWI and I suppose that this war will become a big issue in literature and movies this year. Therefore I suppose that some company would get the idea to produce 1:18 figures. So far however I could not find anything.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Years ago Admiral had intentions on WWI, but that's all dead now.

Doubt we see anything. It's a much more popular (which is to say, studied) over in Europe.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
I'd be all for it, but it's definitely a niche thing. As long as people want a dozen different Tiger I tank versions and two dozen Sherman tank versions, there won't be much room for anything else.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I would be standing in line for them if they were ever announced !!!!!

Planes armor figures . I would buy 2 of each !!!

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I would be standing in line for them if they were ever announced !!!!!

Planes armor figures . I would buy 2 of each !!!

hey pickelhaube you might like these 1/6 ww1 figures made by some companies in the past year or two here is a website that's has a AEF figure on pre order with a trench gun and 1903 a german storm trooper and a german infantryman
http://http://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figures_s/20.htm

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
128 bucks. Ouch.

Maybe they'll part him out and I can score the M97 that way... Who am I kidding, I'm not gonna fall into the 1:6 kitbashing trap again.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
128 bucks. Ouch.

Maybe they'll part him out and I can score the M97 that way... Who am I kidding, I'm not gonna fall into the 1:6 kitbashing trap again.

yeah I just dropped $330 out of the 550 bucks I got for Christmas on a FBI HRT figure and a USMC 2ND MEB in Afghanistan figure the rest is going to be used to kit bash 3 more marines in woodland marpat FROG uniform to create a fire team for him and yes K-tiger they do part them out just expect to pay $15 to $30 plus shipping unless you live near phoenix where they are based and you can get in store pick up

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I reckon 1:6 hasn't been immune from the rising costs, either. Though whether it is because of necessity or that the other manufacturers have seen what Hot Toys can get away with, I can't say.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I reckon 1:6 hasn't been immune from the rising costs, either. Though whether it is because of necessity or that the other manufacturers have seen what Hot Toys can get away with, I can't say.

yeah hot toys is ridiculous even hot toys old military figures you would have to sell your soul to the devil to buy and yeah I have seen a few recent figures not made by hot toys that are priced pretty high a company made a MOH Warfighter Preacher figure and a store near me wants $144.99 for it :eek:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I had the full collection of Side Show WW1 figures ( except the Red Baron ) 1/6th scale

and like a fool sold a couple breaking up the set.

Now those figures are selling for $100 +.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
yeah I don't plan on selling any of my stuff unless we need money quick heck I just spent about 144-150 bucks on gear for a USMC woodland marpat machine gunner kitbash

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not too long ago I thought about doing a 1:6 version of a 1:18 figure I did. I'd hate to have to price it out. It would have been ugly.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I had thought about bashing a 1:18 scale WWI Doughboy or German but lost interest.
I know Hunter Artworks once offered a Doughboy helmet in that scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Obi did a Gerry, and as his thread shows it's a LOT of work. Kind of makes me feel bad about half-assing my colonial German.

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
indeed a great pity no ones producing ww1 figs.. a trench dio would be incredible...
over here in th uk especially i wouldve thought th interest high enough to produce a series..so much scope.
is th centenary being covered much over there guys?
over its being co opted by bloody politicians who know nothing and care less.. a crime against those that died..those that fought . IMO.
most folk today have never heard of etaples ..
if any of ye guys are truely interested in this conflict ..read a comic called charlies war by pat mills..
one of th most thought provoking series committed to th comic genre..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The guy that wrote World War Z did a handjob graphic novel about the 369th Infantry Regiment, but that's the only peep I've heard about the Great War this year. It's always been more of a European thing, though, and the 100th anniversary of our meddling in it is still over 3 years away.

For the record, I'd still be in for a WWI line, but we're dealing with companies that couldn't even be bothered to do WWII Russians. :whatever:

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
brooks did a book about th black rattlers? damn ive been out of circulation too long!
thanks k man..may hafta give it a shot..handjob or not, really thought he did an execellent job of wwz
the 369 were featured in an issue or 3 of charlies war... got censored mind for showin racism in all its bigoted glory. .ah the heady 80's
russkies.. cannot imagine why any company producing ww2 figs would leave them out... jaysus .. the chance to do a stalingrad street fight dio woukd have a lot o ye guys champin at th bit I reckon
ww1 russkies would have been lovely to design an all..
wee factoid when th yoghurt weavers harp on about war being totally bad..
the draft in ww1 saved otters in th uk from extinction as so many gamekeepers and poachers were called up..
bloody strange world this

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, came out this year, so it shouldn't be too bad to find it.