George Washington

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I just finished this up minutes ago.

Base figure was one of the new Captain Barbosa figures from PotC. Not a bad figure, except the original head is way too big.

img823.imageshack.us/i/washingtont.jpg/][IMG]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/543/washingtont.jpg
Legs-Han Solo with torture chair thing
Hands-"
Head- some 21st Century Toys figure
Hair-sculpted by me

Now here's a question for you. This figure is part of a group that I'm doing for fun, the same group that the Lincoln figure is for...if you remember it.
Anyway, the background is that he was brought back to life through a mixture of Masonic magic and nuclear science, making him "radioactive".

I've thought about painting him all white with a coat of glow in the dark paint for the radioactive effect, but I'm worried this will make him look like a ghost.
Another option is to paint just his head and hands white with the GITD paint.
Or I could lightly mist the whole thing with white and then apply the GITD.

This is just a fun little project, so don't let yourself be bothered about how people around him would be affected by the radioactivitiy. I just need some ideas on what to do with the above effect.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Sweet custom fo' sho'! The all white may look a bit too much like a ghost though. I'm not really sure what would make it seem more like a glow. I would almost put some glow in the dark paint on it for the effect.

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Hell yea, cool as hell, really nice job, I just finished a few custom figures myself, I guess i better post mine... i like old George and you done a great job on the hair.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the comments everyone. I think for now I'll stear clear of painting him all white. Maybe I'll just paint him with the GITD paint, that's got enough diffusion in the light to give him a different look without painting him a solid color, and then in the dark, he'll have the glow going on.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I believe GitD paint will cut into other colors without affecting them. You should be able to get the glowing effect without the RotK King of the Dead pallor, i'll have to check the bottle again.

I do notice to get a good effect (best under black light) that you have to put a lot of coats. GitD doesn't really coat evenly.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
What about glitter? Not completely covering him, just a very light dusting?
And maybe do this in conjunction with a pearlized paint?

I know, that's kind out there, just considering different routes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't think you can use glitter and not elicit Twilight comments.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks!

Just took photos of the completed figure a few minutes ago.

I decided for now to skip using any GiTD paint. To get the "radioactive" feel, I simply whited out his eyes. I'v got lots of weapons for him, he's mainly a blade type of guy.
I plan on getting him the bird from the 25th Spirit figure as a side-kick.