Gi Joe Dio Comic

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
Hey guy's I'm new to the Fighting 1:18 and I thought for my first post I'd make it a good one. Hope you all enjoy it.

Update page 2/3

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome first post!!!

really digging the story, going to re read when I'm not so tired and give some more feedback.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
wow...all those sets and props are amazing...what a great collection of dio pieces...

and you always seem to have the perfect custom figure for any given scene...

great set ups and shots too...

how much of this stuff did you actually make?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Wow...I'm at a loss for words. The sets, props, figures, story...I'm floored.

And that part where SS hits those two guys with the stars, VERY well done! I mean, the way you framed the pictures and the way you had the stars "illustrated", many people couldn't pull that off.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
wow...all those sets and props are amazing...what a great collection of dio pieces...

and you always seem to have the perfect custom figure for any given scene...

great set ups and shots too...

how much of this stuff did you actually make?

Thanks guys, I pretty much made everything from scratch. Some of the props I picked up from various places and any I couldn't find I made. All the customs I made myself and I did make them for specific scenes, I really enjoy making the sets and customs I find it really relaxing. Thanks again guys. :)

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Damn dude, you bringing some serious noise. Like others have been saying, your photos, sets and props are top notch.

how long do some of these dio comics take to set up and shoot. I can only imagine how much time is invested into each one.

My favorite panel so far has been the action shots with SS.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
They take a while to do mate. Once I finish making the sets it takes about an hour or so to do the photo's and edit it all up. Each set takes a different amount of time to do depending on how big it is. The biggest set I have done was the Cobra Training camp that you can see on CC's screens in his office, that took a couple of days to set up and shoot. It is a little slow to start with setting up the story but I promise there is more action to come. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Loving the story and of course the pics! I really enjoyed the 2nd to last one, LJ's solo recon mission was badass!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome story! SS making quick work of the Joes.

Issue 2 is coming?

Holy shit! I didn't realize that all these parts were just considered 1 issue. I'm really pumped to see what you got in store.

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
WOW!! This is probably one of the best photonovels (dio-stories) I have ever seen - visually speaking. Obviously some 1:18 scale doll house parts were used, but some of those dioramas have got to be scratch built! And the attention to detail is just insane! He's went so far as to put light switch plates and electrical outlet plates on the wall.

And the shooting range scene is just incredible! I would love to know where some of the furniture was bought or how it was built. Awesome stuff!!

Only problem is, this is an old thread and it looks like the story has been abandoned. Anybody heard from the creator of this series?

Jason