Gijoe APC

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
it deserves atleast a 9, especially because they are cheap to army build at around 25 to 30 bucks a pop shipped on ebay. Speaking of which, I have to buy a few more, I want to get ten(I'm somewhere between 4 and 6 as we speak). This is definately my favorie ground vehicle from arah.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
styrene is easy to work with

But is more expensive, can be harder to find the appropriate style and requires more work to make a stable piece.

Anyhoo, In it's ARAH collection context it's an easy 8, used with modern figures no higher than a 5.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I love this thing. I have 3, one of them is in parts being used for a custom MRAP. Looks terrible right now but I love the old school APC. I am with WW, I need a few more myself.

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
it deserves atleast a 9, especially because they are cheap to army build at around 25 to 30 bucks a pop shipped on ebay. Speaking of which, I have to buy a few more, I want to get ten(I'm somewhere between 4 and 6 as we speak). This is definately my favorie ground vehicle from arah.

Im sorry for that, i uploaded the old template, which had 7.0 instead of a 9.0. sorry my bad. :(

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Im sorry for that, i uploaded the old template, which had 7.0 instead of a 9.0. sorry my bad. :(

no, don't be sorry. In something like a review, people will always have different opinions. Even if you thought it was a 7.0 I would respect that, I was only busting your chops on that one. But yeah, thanks for the reviews, it's always good to see things like this before you buy one.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Glad to see some vintage stuff getting in here... I need to check out more of the reviews.

I never had this as a kid, and while it doesn't have as much "play" value as say, a tank or something even sillier (Buzz Boar?), it's a great toy as an adult, and still looks pretty awesome to this day. I love the detail they put in their vehicles, the sculpting was really impressive for being "just a toy".

If they're that cheap and I can find room down the road on some shelves, this is one I'd like to buy.

I'm pretty happy with my 25th re-releases/updates as far as vehicles go, but this has now been added to the vintage vehicles that I don't expect to see released again that I'll hopefully acquire for my 25th collection.

(The Flagg, Terrordrome and Defiant aren't in that list, btw.)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Glad to see some vintage stuff getting in here... I need to check out more of the reviews.

I never had this as a kid, and while it doesn't have as much "play" value as say, a tank or something even sillier (Buzz Boar?), it's a great toy as an adult, and still looks pretty awesome to this day. I love the detail they put in their vehicles, the sculpting was really impressive for being "just a toy".

If they're that cheap and I can find room down the road on some shelves, this is one I'd like to buy.

I'm pretty happy with my 25th re-releases/updates as far as vehicles go, but this has now been added to the vintage vehicles that I don't expect to see released again that I'll hopefully acquire for my 25th collection.

(The Flagg, Terrordrome and Defiant aren't in that list, btw.)

I would suggest you get the action force atc if you have the funds. I don't have one(yet) but it was designed for the palitoy action force figures which have the same size footpeg as 25th joes and has a stretcher that lays flat inside and more details, as well as rubber wheels. Thats the one action force pre hasbro toy I don't have that I want(even have the hq). It doesn't look as realistic but is very neat.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Awesome review. I love the new PoC figures, but ARAH is where my heart lies. Great idea to review them.

I've got two of these, and am getting a third one in a vintage vehicle lot that should be arriving soon. It's a great vehicle and easy/cheap enough to find them on eBay.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great vehicle, PCS you did a wicked nice improvement. You would think this would be a good re-release with all the troop builders like Steel Brigade, Hawk & others.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I thought the extending bumper was to act as a handle and the APC could second as a carrying case, that's what I did at times.

But of course, if you had accessories laying in the gang-way, all that stuff went rolling into the drivers cage the moment it went vertical.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And there was that plastic bar that went over the laps of the figures and connected into holes on both ends to hold the figures in place, but it took an hour and a degree in engineering to get all the legs in the right place so that you could do so.