gijoe retaliation wave 3 will ever be released??

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No one knows. I have to imagine the first two waves are ready to go, they really can't back away now.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
At least Hasbro has time to unfuck the vehicle drivers, but we know they won't

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, Walmart is definitely doing a reset, and I've seen the space for Joes. It's marked MVC (I assume Movie Collection) so I guess it'll be stocked Monday if not sooner.

Freedom

Solo Operative
I just got back from one of my local Toys R Us. Now, I'm only speaking for the one Toys R Us, but I talked to the lady over the action figure area, and she hadn't heard about the movie being delayed, but she said that explained why they got the memo to get the toys out. She actually went in the back and pulled the cart with the Joe stuff out and let me cherry pick it. I already have wave 1 due to the Amazon pack and Walmart releasing early, so I actually decided to be nice (and since they cost $9.99 a piece) I left the army builders hoping a collector or kid will get them instead of a scalper.

BUT, all they had was 1 case of everything Wave 1. 1 case of wave 1 figures. No wave 2. 1 case of the HISS & Sky Hawk II w/ one a piece. 1 case of the Ninja showdown sets w/ 2 a piece. 1 case of the cycles w/ about 4 a piece in them. Then of course the battlers and role play stuff. That's it! No Ninja AWE Striker or Tread Ripper. After I got what I wanted, there wasn't much left.

What was interesting was that she said since the movie was delayed, they probably wouldn't order any more and what they did have would probably go straight to clearance, and that it would probably hurt the Joe brand w/ Toys R Us. (Just her professional opinion.)

Like I said, this was just ONE Toys R Us, but she seemed to know what she was talking about. I'm glad I got mine, because tomorrow will be a mad rush w/ collectors, and scalpers trying to gain from this. Good luck!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm just hoping for a Rockblock and perhaps a 3-pack.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I just got back from one of my local Toys R Us. Now, I'm only speaking for the one Toys R Us, but I talked to the lady over the action figure area, and she hadn't heard about the movie being delayed, but she said that explained why they got the memo to get the toys out. She actually went in the back and pulled the cart with the Joe stuff out and let me cherry pick it. I already have wave 1 due to the Amazon pack and Walmart releasing early, so I actually decided to be nice (and since they cost $9.99 a piece) I left the army builders hoping a collector or kid will get them instead of a scalper.

BUT, all they had was 1 case of everything Wave 1. 1 case of wave 1 figures. No wave 2. 1 case of the HISS & Sky Hawk II w/ one a piece. 1 case of the Ninja showdown sets w/ 2 a piece. 1 case of the cycles w/ about 4 a piece in them. Then of course the battlers and role play stuff. That's it! No Ninja AWE Striker or Tread Ripper. After I got what I wanted, there wasn't much left.

What was interesting was that she said since the movie was delayed, they probably wouldn't order any more and what they did have would probably go straight to clearance, and that it would probably hurt the Joe brand w/ Toys R Us. (Just her professional opinion.)

Like I said, this was just ONE Toys R Us, but she seemed to know what she was talking about. I'm glad I got mine, because tomorrow will be a mad rush w/ collectors, and scalpers trying to gain from this. Good luck!

Damn.

If you go back... grab the Joe Trooper for me :)

Freedom

Solo Operative
Damn.

If you go back... grab the Joe Trooper for me :)
Sorry. I already notified one of my fellow collectors around here that has come through for me in the past. He's probably already got it by now.

Like I said, this was just one TRU, and it's a smaller one. Walmart and Target will probably have a decent amount. They usually do w/ movie toys. My main disappointment was no wave 2. I wonder if Walmart and/or Target will get wave 2?

Part of me says just be patient and wait until the movie is released, but we all know what a wasteland toy depts are from Dec to Mar. I have a feeling whatever has already been made and not shipped will end up in Ross.

I'm not one to cry "Deht of tha Linez!" or whatever, but this ain't good. I always figured old age would be the reason I quit collecting. Not because Paramount/Hasbro can't get their shit together...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Sorry. I already notified one of my fellow collectors around here that has come through for me in the past. He's probably already got it by now.

Like I said, this was just one TRU, and it's a smaller one. Walmart and Target will probably have a decent amount. They usually do w/ movie toys. My main disappointment was no wave 2. I wonder if Walmart and/or Target will get wave 2?

Part of me says just be patient and wait until the movie is released, but we all know what a wasteland toy depts are from Dec to Mar. I have a feeling whatever has already been made and not shipped will end up in Ross.

I'm not one to cry "Deht of tha Linez!" or whatever, but this ain't good. I always figured old age would be the reason I quit collecting. Not because Paramount/Hasbro can't get their shit together...

I hear ya. I have a feeling that wave 2 will either be very limited or not at all. If you see any Joe Troopers, grab them for me. I need a bunch :D

Also, if you to get to see wave 2, grab any extras of them that you don't need. Thanks

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What's wave 2 again? 3-4 new figures and then w.1 refreshes?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Get ready for the nine month dry spell. Are their any other action figure lines we can collect until then?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd like to know what Hasbro plans on doing in the mean time:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054684

...Some Walmart, Toys R Us and Target locations had started to stock the toys this week, although they weren't supposed to make them available until next week. Those that did wanted to get a jump on demand, and some of the 47 items that would've been sold are expected to show up on eBay at inflated prices by the end of the weekend.

In a statement, released Friday, Hasbro said: "G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers. There is a limited amount of 'G.I. Joe Retaliation' product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film's release."

Still, the movie's delay is creating a headache for retailers. Because of the new line of movie-related toys, stores started to clear shelf space of existing "G.I. Joe" toys by discounting a 30th anniversary line and animated offshoot "Renegades."

Store managers contacted by Variety said that the space that was allotted for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" will now go to "The Amazing Spider-Man" toys and "The Avengers," which is still doing brisk business -- for Hasbro.

Mangers upset by the film's nine-month delay said they weren't sure if they would order the same amount of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" toys come March, because the summer movie season typically means bigger toy business for retailers. Hasbro isn't worried about the loss of revenue from "G.I. Joe" toy sales.

In a separate statement, Hasbro said: "In 2012, we continue to have several strong motion picture and television entertainment-backed properties that are selling well at retail ... we continue to believe, absent the impact of foreign exchange, we will again grow revenues and earnings per share."

Yet as it tries to keep retailers happy, Hasbro now has another problem to deal with: "G.I. Joe's" more hardcore fans, with a G.I. Joe Convention set to take place in New Orleans June 28-July 1 -- the same weekend the movie was set to open.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Get ready for the nine month dry spell. Are their any other action figure lines we can collect until then?

Other than Prof. X from the MU line and the 1:18 Mezco Martian in November it looks like I'm shit out of luck.

Oh, well, I'll go to one of my other hobbies.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Other than Prof. X from the MU line and the 1:18 Mezco Martian in November it looks like I'm shit out of luck.

Oh, well, I'll go to one of my other hobbies.

One of your other hobbies? you mean helping Eddie pull tricks behind a dirty bus stop?

I have no idea what the fuck to collect. I guess I'll have to rely on evil bay.