Gundam!!

Lowlight33

The D'Acre
Feb 27, 2012
NH
Just wanted to make sure there were others out there that shared my love for Gumdam Model Kits. I mainly have a collection of MG and one PG. Anyone else like putting these together?

Lowlight33

The D'Acre
Feb 27, 2012
NH
Saving up for my MG and PG versions of the Red Astray, my new Favorite!

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I have no idea what that is. Was it a TV show or part of Transformers?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
One about ten years ago, I was strolling through best-buy and decided I wanted to try Gundam anime. It looked cool as hell. I bought the entire Gundam Wing series and Endless Waltz movie. I watched it all, every minute of it. And it was the most boring, slow, emo crap I'd ever seen. I tried to watch some other Gundam series, but they were arguably worse.

However, I still got the urge to build a cool giant robot. So my first and only gundam model was a ridonulously expensive PG Endless Waltz Wing-Zero Custom. It was about 3-zillion pieces with japanese-only instructions. I built it, painted it, and it's cool as hell. But it's the only one. I've used various parts from some el-cheapo sets for some Transformer customs, but no more fully built Gundams.

I find that I like the concept of Gundam far more than the actual execution. It has such potential that seems to fall flat for me.

Those are some nice Astray's though! I like that design, almost a modernized RX-78.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I use to have the little Gundam Wing action figures, but never any of the model kits. I good friend of mine has some Master and Perfect Grade kits though, and they look frickin' sweet on his shelves. I'm tempted to get a few myself.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I got a soft spot for the Universal Century and love the HGUC 1/144 kits.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I saw the 08th MS Team OVA (Ok, I admit it, I own it), and while I hate the emo side to it, the mech designs are awesome, and the action is pretty solid. If they all were only done so well.

I have a few of the models, but they take forever as I have a tendency to treat them more like model kits and less like a build-a-figure.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I freakin' love the Gundam robot designs... but I really prefer my robots to be actual lifeforms, not vehicles for 12 year old girls (or boys who look and act like 12 year old girls). I find it easier to believe that robots could be sentient than a government allowing their children to pilot zillion-dollar giant death machines.

Not long ago, my disappointment with Gundam cartoons had faded, and I got the idea of watching F-91... and I got about 10 minutes into it before I was painfully aware of why I stopped watching the other series. But the coolness of the designs constantly sucks me back in, and the emo kids always drive me away. It's a viscous cycle!

Lowlight33

The D'Acre
Feb 27, 2012
NH
I got a little crazy with the sharpie on this RX-178/Super Gundam

The little one is the first one that I bought

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I never did any of the Model Kit stuff, but I got a good collection of Mobile Suit In Action gundam figures from back in the day. I remember when I first got an action figure of the GP-01 when I was ten years old. I was impressed with the articulation considering every action figure I had before it was a Kenner quality figure, that had ASS for articulation, but I was none too thrilled with his arms and shield constantly popping off. All the Zeon mecha is so fucking cool! No wonders they out number my Feddy suits, but I guess that just makes the Gunadams more Heroic or whatever.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw8Raz4pMyw

Some delicious final days of the One Year war OVA made for a recent PS3 game. No subtitles but you'll recognize the Zeong prototype piloted by Char.

I've got a soft spot for the Federation GM mobile Suits, all the way to the sexy Jegan and it's offshoots. But it's the Zaku and it's Mono-eye legacy that I really like.

The fiction itself is rather interesting with the Earth Federation, colonies and those that would split from the Earth sphere of influences, no absolute black and white just terrible war and a very high price to pay as bodies pile up over the decades and conflicts.

I don't mind the angsty teen stuff, though Amuro is the best and has some fantastic character arcs all the way to Char's Counter Attack, and Camille (it's a man's name and I'm a man!) is runner up for U.C Protagonist. Char is in a league of his own. Noa Bright is the man and he will slap you shit.

I should catch up on the Unicorn series.