H I S S Tanks

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just bought my first HISS Tank. Never thought I'd do it.

The newest chocolate brown one. I like how it's in pieces so i can paint as I put together.

1. driver fig sucks ass
2. rear guys is suppose to ride upside down? F that, it's a cargo area or engine compartment maybe. Makes sense to have a weapons guy, but then again pilots deal with flying and engaging.
3. If it were real what would the tracks be made of? Steel or some high strength rubber? Wondering if I should weather them with exposed steel on edges.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They almost look like they'd work like the ones on the M3 family of half tracks, which were a one-piece rubber belt. They don't do that anymore for obvious reasons, but it's probably some dumb shit Cobra would pull.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Steel tracks would be best for durability. I think that tank was supposed to fit that stupid HISS scout that never came out except in Canada.

What made you buy one Rick? Lose a bet? :p It has potential if you fix it up. Design wise, I just see it going up as being a weakness. Nice it can get an elevated view but that is now an exposed weaker point to attack on it. I would imagine they are a bit faster and more maneuverable than regular tanks though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Steel tracks would be best for durability. I think that tank was supposed to fit that stupid HISS scout that never came out except in Canada.

What made you buy one Rick? Lose a bet? :p It has potential if you fix it up. Design wise, I just see it going up as being a weakness. Nice it can get an elevated view but that is now an exposed weaker point to attack on it. I would imagine they are a bit faster and more maneuverable than regular tanks though.

I doubt it turns and burns any quicker than a Bradley, and it sure as fuck won't hit as hard as one.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I got the red one this weekend. then thought twice about it and returned it. I already have the brown and black ones.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
It has potential if you fix it up. Design wise, I just see it going up as being a weakness. Nice it can get an elevated view but that is now an exposed weaker point to attack on it.

Yeah they get rid of the stupid glass canopy and do that stupid pop up feature! It does have potential though, Rick will come through.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I bought it because I felt left out. I need some futuristic enemy vehicles.

I think the pop up works for looking over low buildings or walls in an urban enviroment. Yes it exposes weakness but if a house or wall is in front of the weak parts it's ok.

yeah, I'll make it look battle hardened. the RHINO is coming out pretty good

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I got the red one this weekend. then thought twice about it and returned it. I already have the brown and black ones.

You suck I have been looking for that stupid tank everywhere! (runs away crying)

I like the PoC hiss tank. It's no DTC, but were not getting a resolute one so I will deal. The box art is sick too.

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
Just bought my first HISS Tank. Never thought I'd do it.

The newest chocolate brown one. I like how it's in pieces so i can paint as I put together.

1. driver fig sucks ass
2. rear guys is suppose to ride upside down? F that, it's a cargo area or engine compartment maybe. Makes sense to have a weapons guy, but then again pilots deal with flying and engaging.
3. If it were real what would the tracks be made of? Steel or some high strength rubber? Wondering if I should weather them with exposed steel on edges.

join the club mate...just recently bought my first ever hiss tank too!i got the crimson hiss with crimson horseman.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You suck I have been looking for that stupid tank everywhere! (runs away crying)

I like the PoC hiss tank. It's no DTC, but were not getting a resolute one so I will deal. The box art is sick too.

Found at TRU yesterday.

bar

Enlisted
Jun 10, 2011
Glenrothes, Scotland
I managed to sort out one in trade from a member of the tank.
I have to say that i have ALWAYS viewed the Hiss as an "out of scale" Cobra vehicle(Like the way that the Skystriker is closer to 1/32 than 1/18 for obvious monetary reasons).
I think every model of Hiss tank should be at least two, maybe three times the size to properly be in scale with the figures. And to qualify as both a terror weapon AND a tank.
The only reason i sorted out that trade was to make one about three feet long just to show how cool it COULD look if it were larger.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think every model of Hiss tank should be at least two, maybe three times the size to properly be in scale with the figures.

*nods*

Gets it.

They need real treads, too.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I bought it because I felt left out. I need some futuristic enemy vehicles.

I think the pop up works for looking over low buildings or walls in an urban enviroment. Yes it exposes weakness but if a house or wall is in front of the weak parts it's ok.

yeah, I'll make it look battle hardened. the RHINO is coming out pretty good

Looking forward to seeing the rhino. Regret not getting that one when it was on clearance at target.

>.< sorry haha. I had no room for it =/ Also I hear it's not actually a metallic red color. Which made me want it less.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I want the red one for the driver alone (for a custom). If anyone's got one and wants to ditch the driver... You can even keep the figure's head! :)

Looking to buy/trade, that is. Otherwise, I don't have any need for the new HISS Tanks. I was never much of a fan of the classic/25th ones. I only got one just to have one in my collection.