has anybody ever seen a dark green funskool vamp?

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Ok, so today I bought a vamp on ebay because it is not a variant I'm aware of.

It's definately not U.S./Canda/Japan, the color is too dark and a dead give away is the white stripes on the headlight are about 4X larger than the U.S.
Also, the gun in the back is black, not grey like the U.S.

It's definately not brazilian(almost identical to the U.S., paper stickers), Venezuelan or Argentinian(paper stickers)

That leaves India and Mexico, and I'm nearly positive that Auriken(mexico) didn't release the Vamp. The Auriken vehicles did use vinyl decals like the U.S. though. I'm leaning towards this being funskool, but all the funskool vamps I've seen have been a bright, almost lime green, and have paper decals. Nilco, though, did realease a vamp in a very similar color, but the gas cans, steering wheel and the other small parts were molded in a medium grey.

So if anybody has any info on this vamp, or even theories, please let me know

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
That is interesting. I would go out on a limb and say it's not from india. I've never seen a funskool vehicle that shade or with an american flag on it. I know funskool used the weird blue eagle (like most joe toys from japan) on the funskool skystriker.

I would almost bet mexico. The dark plastic reminds me of the few mexican joe figures I've seen before..... taking a quick check over at yojoe, and they don't list a vamp, but Zap, RnR, and Ripcord (and "Vagabundo") are all molded out of this same unusual shade of green. I would also argue that the mexican toy company back in the day wouldn't bother to change the flag either.

I vote Mexico.

Last edited:

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I've got a few mexican figures, and they aren't this color(I have vagabundo and breaker), and I haven't seen any mexican vehicles in this color. Vagabundo is just a darker color of green than the U.S. Grunt, but this appears to be like a tan olive drab
You can see vagabundo here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71498619@N07/6542806233/in/photostream

I'm really lost here. I know some mexican vehicles(like the apc) say G.I.joe on the side with the red white and blue stripes, and others(like the awe striker, on it's hood) say Comandos Heroicos, and they all say USA if they have a country sticker.

aire built a niclo vamp, check this vid out starting at 12 mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUah0Vd7OT4

I also just looked at Aire's int'l collection and didn't see a mexican vamp(but I did find out theres a mexican HQ!!!)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
yep, I bought myself a 1:25th vamp. It was cheap and I did want one so it's all good, good call K-tig