Hasbro Q&A (GI Joe) questions

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
With the End of PoC is it safe to say we will not be getting Python Patrol Croc Master or the Green/Tan Blowtorch?

With the movie being released earlier does this mean that some of the figures from the 30th line get moved back to a later time or released in later movie waves?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
With the End of PoC is it safe to say we will not be getting Python Patrol Croc Master or the Green/Tan Blowtorch?

With the movie being released earlier does this mean that some of the figures from the 30th line get moved back to a later time or released in later movie waves?

Problem with your questions, man, is that you are asking for specifics on planned future release figures as well as specifics on release dates of 30th/movie-based figures.

Both questions are "not allowed to be asked," per the "rules" from the dicks at Hasbro.

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Really? But people can still ask about that shitty Data Viper being released/ Canceled? Considering the Blowtorch and Croc were supposed to be running changes?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Man, they got you fired up Brave! Kick 'em in the jimmy!!

I think asking the running change figures may be allowed since they did ask about 7 packs and got an answer. It's very cryptic and makes my head hurt.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Man, they got you fired up Brave! Kick 'em in the jimmy!!

I think asking the running change figures may be allowed since they did ask about 7 packs and got an answer. It's very cryptic and makes my head hurt.

Mine too.

It's nothing personal, so please don't take my rant as such, and again I apologize for it.

I've just reached my breaking point with the people at Hasbro simply because of my evidently archaic belief that the business should respect the customer's concerns, and provide as much information as possible to the customer.

The whole "you are not allowed to ask us that" type of "rules" makes Hasbro's representatives look like a bunch of rude and incompetent dicks, and their behavior pisses me off big time.

In the military, we are raised a little differently.

If we don't know the answer to a question (asked by a superior officer), we demonstrate our competence and decency by telling that person the following:

"Sir, I do not know the answer to your question at this time, but if I may please see you after the briefing, I will get your contact information and relay you something solid or otherwise definitive."

Is that really so hard for a business to follow with regard to customer interaction? Especially since the customer is supposed to be the "superior officer" in any business/customer conversation?

I honestly do believe that Hasbro's recent "rules" toward what customers are and are not "allowed to ask" is indicative that they have completely lost their fucking minds when it comes to customer interaction.

The best example in mind of this is the expectation I would have with my local supermarket manager if they ran out of milk. I would expect him, if he didn't know, to tell me he honestly doesn't know when the next dairy truck is due in and perhaps take my phone number to have one of his staff call me when more comes in. However, if he does know when the truck is due, then he should just tell me the estimated time/date of delivery. Regardless, would you find him guilty of being a complete asshole if he told you that "you are not allowed to ask about the next milk shipment" with clear disregard for your due respect as the customer? I would say that he is not only being an asshole, but he is toying with the concept of alienating me as a returning customer.

Pretty dangerous behavior in the age of the blogosphere, as well as a terrible economy, IMHO.

Last edited:

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Really? But people can still ask about that shitty Data Viper being released/ Canceled? Considering the Blowtorch and Croc were supposed to be running changes?

There you go again...

Attempting to apply common sense requests for information to a group of people that evidently refuse to answer your questions.

I am waiting for the dicks who dictate what we "are allowed to ask" to refer to us as peasants.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Who gives the fuck about them?

Those two pieces of shit weren't fit to be in PoC and deserved to be cancelled. I bet they fill 2 slots in the 7 packs with their lame shitiness.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Agreed, however, Hasbro's behavior with the GI Joe figure line seems to be antithetical to common sense.

IE, "You are allowed to ask us about future products, but you are not allowed to ask us about future products" kind of shit.

IMHO, Hasbro's bit about "not being allowed to ask specific questions related to future product" is a slap in the face to people who request simple answers.

Any slap in the face should be responded with brass knuckles.

:D

I'm sorry, but at the end of the day the Hasbro reps come across as complete assholes if they won't allow people to ask the important questions such as where precisely the line is heading, and what kind of items we can expect to see in the future.

Why even bother holding a fucking conference if we are "not allowed" to ask the important questions?

You may as well be asking Carney for DOJ names from the damn "Fast and Furious" murders if non-answers, generalizations and "you are not allowed to ask that" is the response each time.

In fact, that's my question to Hasbro after reading "their rules" several times:

Who at Hasbro has determined that their customers are "not allowed" to ask certain questions, and what the fuck is the point of the customer/business conference if their business leaders won't allow customers to request information about the future releases of the line?

BTW, I agree with your statement about the Joe community being equal to Rhode Island, whereas the Star Wars crowd is the equivalent to India's population. My point, however, is that it's total bullshit to have this petty "you are not allowed to ask that" kind of response to ANY fan base, REGARDLESS of size.

Do Hasbro's reps have the same condescending attitude toward the Star Wars fans? My guess is probably not, unless of course they are all snarky assholes at Hasbro these days.

It takes a pretty fucking pretentious attitude for ANY businessman to speak to ANY customer in such a manner, and expect said customer to be okay with that kind of behavior from the fucking business.

Hasbro's attitude makes me feel like Samuel L. Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction when that guy kept saying, "What" each time Jackson asked him something.

"Tell me I am 'not allowed' to ask you about the release dates of the Techno-Viper and Sci-Fi figures you talked about and even displayed earlier, you dick-teasing motherfucker! I dare you, I double dog dare you!!!"

For the record, I apologize for my language and frustration.

It's just that Hasbro's incompetence and assholery is getting to be too much to handle with a civil response, and it is as wrong as two men having sex for a business to have a "you are not allowed to ask that" type of attitude with ANY customer. A decent business will not disallow customers from asking questions that are relevant to upcoming releases from said business.

Problem with your questions, man, is that you are asking for specifics on planned future release figures as well as specifics on release dates of 30th/movie-based figures.

Both questions are "not allowed to be asked," per the "rules" from the dicks at Hasbro.

Mine too.

It's nothing personal, so please don't take my rant as such, and again I apologize for it.

I've just reached my breaking point with the people at Hasbro simply because of my evidently archaic belief that the business should respect the customer's concerns, and provide as much information as possible to the customer.

The whole "you are not allowed to ask us that" type of "rules" makes Hasbro's representatives look like a bunch of rude and incompetent dicks, and their behavior pisses me off big time.

In the military, we are raised a little differently.

If we don't know the answer to a question (asked by a superior officer), we demonstrate our competence and decency by telling that person the following:

"Sir, I do not know the answer to your question at this time, but if I may please see you after the briefing, I will get your contact information and relay you something solid or otherwise definitive."

Is that really so hard for a business to follow with regard to customer interaction? Especially since the customer is supposed to be the "superior officer" in any business/customer conversation?

I honestly do believe that Hasbro's recent "rules" toward what customers are and are not "allowed to ask" is indicative that they have completely lost their fucking minds when it comes to customer interaction.

The best example in mind of this is the expectation I would have with my local supermarket manager if they ran out of milk. I would expect him, if he didn't know, to tell me he honestly doesn't know when the next dairy truck is due in and perhaps take my phone number to have one of his staff call me when more comes in. However, if he does know when the truck is due, then he should just tell me the estimated time/date of delivery. Regardless, would you find him guilty of being a complete asshole if he told you that "you are not allowed to ask about the next milk shipment" with clear disregard for your due respect as the customer? I would say that he is not only being an asshole, but he is toying with the concept of alienating me as a returning customer.

Pretty dangerous behavior in the age of the blogosphere, as well as a terrible economy, IMHO.

There you go again...

Attempting to apply common sense requests for information to a group of people that evidently refuse to answer your questions.

I am waiting for the dicks who dictate what we "are allowed to ask" to refer to us as peasants.

Brave, your posts in this thread have been awesome!...that very last part especially...what sucks a$$ is that the d!ckheads that NEED to hear it never will...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
too true my friend...though clearly some fools do :D

oh gawd don't say that!...that'd be awful....but now that you say it, not un-expected

then they should buy a Family Dollar one and some paints and get busy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Go for it. I would like to see a quality cartoon of Joe.

Are you serious? The possibilities are endless. They have how may characters to pick from? Hundreds! They can do all new stories or they can do the same thing that DC and Marvel do and take original stories and make them animated with upgrades to the story. How awesome would it be to have a hour and some change movie on the IDW Cobra series? They can touch on many of the Marvel Joe stories like the Borovia story, the Cobra Civil War, the Snake Eyes origin or just a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow 1 shot. They could dip into Devils Due with the WW3 story, Duke's Black ops days or Flint/LJ story.

They won't do it, but they should. :D

i'm so with you MW...if Hasbro would take a chance once in while, they might see some results...least they're gonna do is make some money off us fans that would buy the animated movies...best case is that just maybe they might wrangle a few kids into the brand...

TF is crazy popular right now...they could AT LEAST make animated movies for TF...and if they were smart, they would cross-over with Joe...TFs and the military go freaking hand in hand...if they truely want kids to get into this sh!t, then they have to f*@#ing aim it at them...the way they have been sporatically going about it isn't gonna cut it...

ehh, WTF do we know...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could have slapped repainted A/DoCI figures in there if they just HAD to grace us with 25th molds.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I noticed that there is weathering on some of the 30th figures. What brought on that decision?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I like MW's summation on the other board regarding this.

Would be nice to see an Oktober Guard 7 pack.

Glad that Techno Viper will have a silver Cobra sigil.

The rest of the Q&A just seems to have been kind of blah.

Oh well, thanks to everyone who tried to get some intel out of those yahoos.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Not much this round? I guess there really isn't too much to wonder about since we are between lines and a movie. I'll keep this alive until about the 30th and then if there is any interest we can figure what questions to ask.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
well, since it turns out we're not allowed to ask about anything, it makes it reallt difficult to come up with questions :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well, if we are crafty with our wording I bet we can slip in some good questions. Don't be a bunch of pussies. Worst case is we get a "no answer". I still think we should stray away from the 7 packs. It will probably be a hotter subject that most places want answers to.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
definitely no reason to bother with 7 pack questions...it'd be a waste...though it would be funny if all the sites took that attitude and no one asked about them, lol...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
EDIT: This question was stupid.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I figure we'll ask MW's question so I can quit seeing it. :p Other than that, I guess we could ask about some of the upcoming product. I almost think we ought to go after the Blowtorch and Cock Master variants but then again, who here really cares about those douches?

We could almost ask a question about why the Renegades figures look Clone War like when it was said they would not. Kind of call them out.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i def hope MWs PG-13 toon question makes it...i REALLY like toons and would love for Hasbro to open their eyes to this market...

and the Cockmaster and BT?...who the f*@#, besdies MR, cares? :D

i do like your last one, though i can already hear their dumb a$$ answer in my head

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was just looking at the Imaginext Tyrannosaurus and was reminded of the Dinoriders. I think with some greebles added to the technological bits, and a motherfucker of a repaint to everything that it could work. It fucking towers over Joes, so it's got huge potential.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I am trying really hard not to buy any thing form that line. It looks so damn good. The only problem I have with it is the rest of the dinos may not be in scale.. I would love to see Hasbro or somebody do A NICE 1/18 scale Dino-Raiders line. Hsbro may have the molds from Kenner so..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd think some one would try to resurrect the concept in a cartoon. I think that, at least for the time, the DR dinos were some of the best dino sculpts of all time.

As for the Imaginext line I think you're only gonna find the T-Rex and Pteranodon suitable.

Tyco did the DR line, and I imagine those molds are looooooong gone.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Yeah, I think its some total BS with what hasbro did, and they actually fucking got away with some poor SOB's stuff:mad:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's funny, they generally don't give a flying fuck about Joe protos.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
How about this question?

(file under back-handed insult/wishful thinking)

During the release of the Rise of Cobra movie figures, Hasbro produced some figures that weren't in the movie. Some, like Anthony “Flashâ€￾ Gambello were updates to older figures, while others, like Helix and Benchpress, were new characters that proved to be very popular and sought-after by collectors.

With this upcoming sequel, are there plans by Hasbro to release figures not directly associated with the movie within the GI Joe:Retaliation line, to appeal to collectors who, just as in the case of the first movie, may not care for the sequel and the action figures associated with them?

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
How about this question?

During the release of the Rise of Cobra movie figures, Hasbro produced some figures that weren't in the movie. Some, like Anthony “Flashâ€￾ Gambello were updates to older figures, while others, like Helix and Benchpress, were new characters that proved to be very popular and sought-after by collectors.

With this upcoming sequel, are there plans by Hasbro to release figures not directly associated with the movie within the GI Joe:Retaliation line, to appeal to collectors who, just as in the case of the first movie, may not care for the sequel and the action figures associated with them?

Now that's funny. What's the over under on Hasbro not answering this one?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
For once, being a mod comes in handy. I was able to read the deleted posts. It's like having a time machine! Uh, someone forward me a PM about what the hell happened. Now I'm curious after reading those posts...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
first, WTH are you talking about?

second, i LOVE this \/ question!

How about this question?

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
For once, being a mod comes in handy. I was able to read the deleted posts. It's like having a time machine! Uh, someone forward me a PM about what the hell happened. Now I'm curious after reading those posts...

did somebody pm you, if not I'll let give ya the run down