Hasbro SDCC questions

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I figured since there is no longer a Q&A that we might as well be a pain at SDCC. Now that Joe Con is winding down put down some questions that we can ask and get no answers to. Can't hurt to try, right? That is, if anyone cares or has questions.

I figure now that we saw some product that it may give more to ponder.

How would you have incorporated the zombie line that was shown as concepts?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the zombie question. My big point of query was the status of the DG line, which was pretty much answered. Though the Zombie CC IS in the Combat Force line...

Maybe "Any way Ninja Faggot Rockblock can be replaced in Wave 2 with Soldier Rockblock?"

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I like the zombie question. My big point of query was the status of the DG line, which was pretty much answered. Though the Zombie CC IS in the Combat Force line...

Maybe "Any way Ninja Faggot Rockblock can be replaced in Wave 2 with Soldier Rockblock?"

Agreed!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think we need a lawyer to write our questions to make them non-dodgable

Q0. Why don't you guys stop being pussies and just answer ALL the questions with straight forward answers?

Q1. Will ALL of the figures in the concept vault at Joecon 2012 eventually make it into fans hands?

Q2. If "no", which figures SPECIFICALLY will NOT be produced...besides the Data-Viper ;)

Q3. Is there a new Joe toon being developed or a continuation of Renegades for television?

Q4. Not so much a question as it is a statement. The inclusion of more Channing Taintum will make the movie worse.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think we need a lawyer to write our questions to make them non-dodgable

Q0. Why don't you guys stop being pussies and just answer ALL the questions with straight forward answers?

Q1. Will ALL of the figures in the concept vault at Joecon 2012 eventually make it into fans hands?

Q2. If "no", which figures SPECIFICALLY will NOT be produced...besides the Data-Viper ;)

Q3. Is there a new Joe toon being developed or a continuation of Renegades for television?

Q4. Not so much a question as it is a statement. The inclusion of more Channing Taintum will make the movie worse.

I 2nd this^^

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I would ask them if they would make a Retaliation preview set like they do with the Marvel figs. Whenever Marvel movies come out they always have movie designs and classic comic designs. Since they have a few kickass concepts of Flint, LJ, and CC, couldn't they put out a set?

But then that sounds too much like a fanboy telling them how to run their business.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
All that stuff shown and no questions? C'mon, we gotta' be a pain in the ass!! :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Were most of the figures shown in the concept vault conceived before or after the 30th anniversary figures?

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I would ask them if they would make a Retaliation preview set like they do with the Marvel figs. Whenever Marvel movies come out they always have movie designs and classic comic designs. Since they have a few kickass concepts of Flint, LJ, and CC, couldn't they put out a set?

But then that sounds too much like a fanboy telling them how to run their business.

They did put out a preview set at Amazon.com.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
If Hasbro is having such a difficult time finding distributors of their products, why is it that Hasbro Toy Shop's inventory for Joe merchandise is often pitifully sparse? What exactly is the relationship between Hasbro and HTS, and why can't Hasbro use HTS to move collector-demanded merchandise such as the HISS scout, Ashiko biker, or the "discount store" figures?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
If Hasbro is having such a difficult time finding distributors of their products, why is it that Hasbro Toy Shop's inventory for Joe merchandise is often pitifully sparse? What exactly is the relationship between Hasbro and HTS, and why can't Hasbro use HTS to move collector-demanded merchandise such as the HISS scout, Ashiko biker, or the "discount store" figures?

Everyone says they are separate entities, but the one guy I've dealt with and email on occasion has a @hasbro.com email addy. I know full well they could have any email address, but it seems to me that if it was a separate entity, they'd have an @hasbrotoyshops.com email instead of a corporate one.

Back on topic -

When are the Renegades 7 packs going to hit BBTS and other online retailers?

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Everyone says they are separate entities, but the one guy I've dealt with and email on occasion has a @hasbro.com email addy. I know full well they could have any email address, but it seems to me that if it was a separate entity, they'd have an @hasbrotoyshops.com email instead of a corporate one.

I agree. All the "About Us"- and "Contact us"- type links at HTS.com point back to Hasbro.com. I keep hearing this meme on different forums that they are two separate entities, but I can't find any evidence on HTS's website that supports that. Which is why I would like for Hasbro to articulate what their "relationship" is, and why doesn't Hasbro utilize HTS more to move products they claim they can't find distributors for?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think a lot of them WERE 30th Anniversary figures and got cancelled due to the movie. Remember, the movie got bumped up and cut 30th short before it was delayed. I think we would have got a good many of those figures had there been no movie.

This^^

I keep seeing ppl refer to these as POC figures. They are NOT POC, they are 30th anniversary.

Freedom

Solo Operative
This^^

I keep seeing ppl refer to these as POC figures. They are NOT POC, they are 30th anniversary.
Remember the initial press release for the 30th? It said something about 30 for 30. The 30th line consisted of several POC carry-overs and Renegades. I think originally Renegades was supposed to be separate from actual 30th.

Check my "The Vault Theories" thread here:
http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=3229

A lot of those named figures should have been 30th, and 1 of the 30 items for the 30th could have been a whole 7-pack.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
When are we getting KWINN?

Also - Data Viper was cut because of concerns that he couldn't be made affordably. Is there any reason we couldn't see a "deluxe" line added to the Joe line, similar to what has been present in other Hasbro toy lines (Star Wars, Captain America, etc.)?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When are we getting KWINN?

Also - Data Viper was cut because of concerns that he couldn't be made affordably. Is there any reason we couldn't see a "deluxe" line added to the Joe line, similar to what has been present in other Hasbro toy lines (Star Wars, Captain America, etc.)?

Now you damn well know they won't answer the Kwinn one, and that a lot of people are gonna be asking. ;)

As to the second. Really, kill the fucking Alpha class vehicles and do deluxe figures.

We know 70% of the PV is tooled up.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's other place's schtick. We're tryin' to keep it different.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Q. Why does Hasbro always cancel amazing toys in favor of sh!tty movie toys?

C'mon, ask them the hardball questions...f*&# 'em if they can't take a joke

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Q - Since we as collectors know, every few years you revisit or re-update a figure (some faster than others). After retaliation comes and goes and roadblock is due for another update, will it be in D Johnsons likeness or will you go back to the original likeness.

edit - if the wanted to keep it The Rock, would they have to pay him for his likeness every time, Hows that work, is it a one-shot payment, per figure......

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I would imagine Dwayne Johnson's likeness would be a contractually limited.

But father god and sonny Jesus would fanboys bitch about a non-movie canon RB having Johnson's likeness.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Here is a dumb question i know that no will be the answer. ha.

Q- has there been any thoughts ever of just selling the headsculpts from cancelled figures maybe via HTS or some other online venue. I noticed online stores and companies this year started producing/selling customizable base figures. Could that concept ever hit frutition from Hasbro.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Ok, I am going so if given the chance I want to grill them a bit. Any more questions you all may want asked? I'm not trying to be liked by them. Just want some answers if they will do them. Odds are they will not.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just take flip cards of the awesome canceled figures...show them a pic, then give them the bird...show them a new pic, give them the bird again...no words...they'll get it...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro will have security give him a hickory shampooing.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Interesting interview by YoJoe.com with Derryl DePriest at SDCC

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/88428-sdcc-2012-interview-derryl-depriest.html

Especially interesting was his response to the DG figures:

What's the status of the Dollar General figures?

We heard the fans loud and clear on this one. The team in charge actually misunderstood the rules on this one. When told no new figures, they assumed no new parts could be used. Instead, they put out new figures using existing parts. They're great figures, and we're glad the fans like them. We'll be working hard to try and increase their distribution, through online retailers is possible. This will go for the repaint wave as well.

So it sounds like the DG figures were originally supposed to be repacks/repaints of previously released figures?

How often does a Hasbro fuckup be in a fan's favor?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Interesting interview by YoJoe.com with Derryl DePriest at SDCC

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/88428-sdcc-2012-interview-derryl-depriest.html

Especially interesting was his response to the DG figures:

So it sounds like the DG figures were originally supposed to be repacks/repaints of previously released figures?

How often does a Hasbro fuckup be in a fan's favor?

haha. Good Stuff!

Now with them maybe going to online retailers, these $6 figures will now be $12 :greedy:

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
As previously stated. More DG figures and some concept fig sets with Quinn possibly hitting online retailers before Christmas could take the sting out from the canceled Retaliation figure waves. However, I guess no one at Hasbro thought of that as a backup plan or maybe it was too late to produce them in time. My Q is when Retaliation hits in March will you be ready for the backlash from pissed offed fans and collectors. Hmm?

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

I would love a DIC 7 pack! This would give them the opportunity to put out some of the 30th figures!
Laser-Viper, HEAT Viper, Crimson Guard Immortal , Dice, Annihilator, DIC Zaranna, cartoon Gnawgahyde, the updated Nightcreeper
I wouldn't mind some Python Patrol 30th Vipers & Troopers.
I'm sure they could make a Metalhead from current parts.