Hotwheels + Star Wars is a thing now

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Uh, they're gonna tampo Darth Vader and Yoda on the side of some drag racer, or actually do SW vehicles?

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Ohhhhhh, I see some West Side Story battles going down in store between SW and HW scalpers...

But does either group have the rhythm to pull that off?

And I dunno how excited I'd get over this, I think they'll end up being like the Marvel and DC Cars with a bunch of stupid shit painted on them. But maybe I'll be wrong, I really hope I'm wrong.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Uh, they're gonna tampo Darth Vader and Yoda on the side of some drag racer, or actually do SW vehicles?

If they don't do actual vehicles, they will probably make a line like the advertising stuff.

or go this route

I doubt they will be general release on basic cards.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Unless they announce these being limited, they will be plenty to go around. Hotwheels has already stated they do not make a car under 10,000. I know a guy who had a VW Bus made for his business and 10k was the minimum they allow.

Something as hot as Star wars will definitely have a larger run.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
yes, hot wheel collectors are the worse. When I ran stores in the mornings, I made "friends" with many of them. I had figures and they had hotwheels. Some of them started getting figures when they are hot resellers and on occasion would go to figures first knowing I would not go to hot wheels, and they would buy the good figures.

So I started bringing my nephews with me, told them what to look for and they ran to the toys leaving the old guys behind. One time my nephew went to hot wheels while they were at the figures, came over and showed me he found a treasure hunt. pissed them off royally.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Wait wait wait, hold the fuck up! Your telling me there are adult men who collect Hot Wheels? What the fuck?! What's so appealing about Hot Wheels? Perhaps it's ironic for me to ask this, considering I have a few shelves and tables littered with G.I. Joe and various other 3 3/4" figures and vehicles, but why Hot Wheels of all things?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Wait wait wait, hold the fuck up! Your telling me there are adult men who collect Hot Wheels? What the fuck?! What's so appealing about Hot Wheels? Perhaps it's ironic for me to ask this, considering I have a few shelves and tables littered with G.I. Joe and various other 3 3/4" figures and vehicles, but why Hot Wheels of all things?

I hope you're not serious. Go to any store at 8 am and you will see the hot wheels scum. THEY are the sole reason store workers hate toy collectors. they are rude, dirty, and always leave a mess behind, especially when new cases are put out.

Employees really hate when hot wheel collectors will remove cases of hot wheels off a pallet, rip through it taking out the good cars and leaving a pile of cars in the boxes in the aisle. Walmart has a policy that if a case of something gets opened, they have to put it all out. Thus, they open 6-12 cases to get a few cars leaving a headache for workers.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I hope you're not serious. Go to any store at 8 am and you will see the hot wheels scum. THEY are the sole reason store workers hate toy collectors. they are rude, dirty, and always leave a mess behind, especially when new cases are put out.

Employees really hate when hot wheel collectors will remove cases of hot wheels off a pallet, rip through it taking out the good cars and leaving a pile of cars in the boxes in the aisle. Walmart has a policy that if a case of something gets opened, they have to put it all out. Thus, they open 6-12 cases to get a few cars leaving a headache for workers.

I'm never awake at that hour, and if I am I'm never at Walmart. I've never known about these freaks! If what you say is true, then it sounds like they are going on the list.