Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
MOC?
Loose in formation?
Battling?
WTF is the poll M8?

I'm working on selling off my MOC Spawn and Spiderman collection to concentrate on Joes and 1:18th or so scale vehicles. None of my Joes are mint and only about a sixth are displayed facing of against my BATS
Oh and wtf wheres the place to add in the poll options

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
I did what you're doing... sold off all my Spawn and McFarlane stuff. Now it's pretty much all Joe and 1:18th Military. Anyway I'm in the process of moving and in the new pad I'll be displaying MOC AND also have a display of my loose Army... It will be a huge undertaking...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I open my stuff and had everything displayed until my son needed a bigger room, which so happened to be my toy room. I am in the process of converting his old room into my new toy room which I hope can work out.

The problem is, it's upstairs which is a converted attic which has the slanted ceilings. Not much room for tall shelves, nor hanging things from. So have to figure something out. Luckily I don't have as much as I did before I switched rooms.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
dang!...i was so excited to BJ...sigh...;)

anyway, i display mine loose (heh heh heh)...no stands either...i display them with Joes on one shelving section, loosely organized by year they were released...

the Cobras have their own bookcase/shelving unit...they have no organization per say...i have the 'noks together, high command toether, troop builders together, etc etc...

and throughout both Joe/Cobra, i have a few vehicles intermixed...

i also have an "80's" shelf with a fig or two from my fave 80's toy lines and DCUC shelf with the JLU on it

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't have much on display at the moment, but there is no theme. Joes are just standing around, AVs and STs are in a phalanx, Custom NJ and Shadow Tracker, more standing around.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
dang!...i was so excited to BJ...sigh

This is where spelling, punctuation and not fully spelling out Big Jim's name leads to yet another Eddism.

Translation: "Dang! I was so excited, too, Big Jim." What we got instead, pure gold. How did nobody else catch him on this yet?! :-D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is where spelling, punctuation and not fully spelling out Big Jim's name leads to yet another Eddism.

Translation: "Dang! I was so excited, too, Big Jim." What we got instead, pure gold. How did nobody else catch him on this yet?! :-D

cracking up over here...normally i even catch my own homo laced sentences and wonder if you all will, but i completely missed that one

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK

Now you have me contemplating changing my handle, but but if I did it would be a sad loss of new material to bash Eddie about

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I had them in cases displayed at my office until they began truly taking over. Now they are mostly boxed up in the home office with no place to go for now...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
As to the topic at hand, I display some loose, and keep my carded ones boxed away.

For the 25th line, I have all of the main retail releases carded or boxed, except for a few really, really bad repaints like the first Duke/CC Comic Pack and the first couple of Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow CPs, and I don't have a few of Wave 4 figures carded because I had them all in the 5-packs... Besides that, I'm missing maybe clear Wraith (which I want to find one day) and PDD or Roddy Piper (which I never want).

Currently, my loose figures are all over our guest bedroom because I unpacked them for a bit and have some laid out on the bed to organize, some on the shelves to display or photograph, and some laid out for customs, etc... but I'm about to have to box them back up as the girl is terribly pissed at me for "having toys all over the place."

My boxed items are in our storage unit, which is currently about 30% of the storage space. If we end up moving again and getting a house with a space big enough for me to display some of them in a "nerd cave" of sorts, I'll do that. Otherwise, I'm tempted to sell off some of them, as they just take up a lot of room and it's all sort of silly now to have so many just stored in boxes.

I only display Joes and a few Marvel Universe figures, and I've got a few MP Transformers out from time to time as interest permits, but I've got a bunch of TF Alternators and Marvel Legends boxed away as well.

It's questions like these that make me feel like an idiot and want to sell because I currently have no place to display my Preciouses. :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the only thing i kept MOC (and stored in plastic bins in my basement) was the foil card 25th singles...i have all of them, even the less desirable ones you mentioned MR...but once the foil went away i stopped

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
I've thought about selling a few times since I can't display everything. But then when I have the room how hard would it be to find everything to get back?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
the only thing i kept MOC (and stored in plastic bins in my basement) was the foil card 25th singles...i have all of them, even the less desirable ones you mentioned MR...but once the foil went away i stopped

I plan to eventually get the rest of those Wave 4 ones. I figure I can do that when there's nothing else left to track down. It'll gimme something to do.

Since ROC and POC, I've only bothered getting one of each unless they're troop builders. The only thing I have carded from ROC or POC are custom fodder figures that I haven't opened yet, but picked up when I found them at good prices. I'll use them eventually or trade them off.

I got both Sarges and I'll get Zarana carded, and if I ever get ahold of a DT, but if it's not on the vintage explosion artwork, I have no interest in keeping the packaging.

bigdaddyblue73

Drunken Recon
Mar 15, 2011
I don't collect anymore. I just buy them to take apart and make customs with. So I display mine in bins. Heads in one, arms in another, legs over there, torsos in the middle. I learned organizational skills from Daumer.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't collect anymore. I just buy them to take apart and make customs with. So I display mine in bins. Heads in one, arms in another, legs over there, torsos in the middle. I learned organizational skills from Daumer.

Haha, actually for the most part, I do more customizing than collecting nowadays.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Mine are jumbled in boxes basically in different environments. I just keep them headless so I can swap them out for dioramas. My collection is basically set for dioramas now. I have a few carded items but they are variants and embossed logo 25th cards. I'll try to take a picture of "the mess" later tonight.