HUGE Dio-comic project. Need help!

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
Hello everyone. My name is KennY and I am currently in school (SCAD) studying Industrial Design in hopes to actually get into the toy industry as a toy designer (goal is to have my own toy company). I am working on a dio comic and need to enlist the help of everyone and anyone who is willing to help. I aready have some-what of a base story for it, nothing specific or concrete, but it is centered around G.I. Joe & Cobra. It is also going to have appearences by characters from other universes such as Predator, Batman, Salem and Rios (Army of Two), Punisher, Zombies (not the kind you think though) etc... Mostly characters that do not have "Super Powers" or use Magic. Genetically altered is as far as I'll go. Again, nothing is for sure yet other than G.I. Joe and Cobra.

So, I need two types of folks.
1. Investors (donations really, but investors sounds better)
2. Story Boarders/Writers

I am not asking for $$cash$$. What I want is help aquiring some of the objects I will need to make this happen at the level & quality I want it to happen. Here are some examples of my dio work. Example 1 Example 2. These are strictly dios and have no "effects" edited into them. The dio-comic will.

So here are some pics of my shop and the very basic shell of the dio, basically what will be the streets of the city.

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
Investors/Donations/Shoppers​

Here is a list of pics that show exactly some of the stuff I need. This list will change as we progress...

- Figures do not have to be complete. I would rather the figure itself be complete (not missing a head, arm, leg etc...) but it does not have to be. I will accept fodder.

- Cobra Desert Trooper: I only need the head.
- Helecopter: I can use the entire helicopter, but I am looking for 1 loose windshield.
- "Regulars" (top left corner of the image above) I need customizers who are willing to create civilians, revolutionaries, rebels, women and children etc... This is war, and in war there are those who choose to stand and fight & those who are caught in the middle.
- Also (not shown in pictures) looking for the Sigma 6 DragonHawk Helicopter (the one for the small 2 inch figures)

Miscellaneous Items:

- Diecast cars <-- we need as many as we can get!!!
- Broken/damaged 1:18 scale vehicles

If you can not afford to "Invest" or donate but still would like to help, I am definately willing to purchase. Please PM me with your price. I ask that you do not contact me and ask, "what do you want to pay". Please have a price in mind and we will work from there, but I will tell you this, I'm not going to pay "comic-book shop" prices. Action Figures (MOC or loose) $11 and up are out of the question. Just trying to save you the time.

Everyone who helps will be listed in the dio-comic's list of "credits". So if you have a logo/company I will be more than happy to list it aswell.

NOTE**

I am more picky with purchases, but if you want to donate, please send me a list of stuff you would let go. Beggars can't be choosers, and we will appreciate everything & anything you can give.

Thank You!

Story Boarders/Writers
I need just that. People who like to story board and/or write out stories/plots. Creativity and thinking outside of the box is key. If you are die-hard original G.I. Joe plot, this may not be the project for you as this will definately stray from the original G.I. Joe (ARAH) story.

PM me if Interested.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You don't have to worry about die hard GI Joe fans here Kenny. Some of them didn't even know who Ron Rudat was. :p Including me....

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
Looks like a very ambitious project.. looked at some of your other work, nice job!

Good luck :)
Thank you much. Dude, if you knew the stuff I went through this school year to complete projects... This is for fun, lol! Plus, you have to be ambitious if you want to get somewhere right?

You don't have to worry about die hard GI Joe fans here Kenny. Some of them didn't even know who Ron Rudat was. :p Including me....
Major Blood!!! What it doo!? Ron Who-dat...?

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
Oh, damn... I need to resize my sig... That mug is huge!

I'm like..., IN YO FACE!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
looking forward to seeing your project. I checked out your links and holy shit! That is some wicked setups bro. The Lab and Neo viper ones were my favs

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
looking forward to seeing your project. I checked out your links and holy shit! That is some wicked setups bro. The Lab and Neo viper ones were my favs

Thanks Monkeywrench! I appreciate that. Dios are a big passion of mine. Actually, I think it's the whole production. It's like making a movie... Customizing/collecting (casting, make-up & wardrobe), posing (directing/Director), taking the pics (filming), building the diorama (production design), gathering investors and paying for it all (production/Producer). It's fun for me.

KennY

The Unwashed
Jun 19, 2011
Updated progress pics posted...

Very cool. Let me know if Cobrastickers can help.
Awesome, thanks. Just may take you up on that... Much appreciated.

Really lookin forward to seing this!!!
Great, always good to see someone's anticipation for a praject. Really ignites drive. Thanks!

Kenny has the skillz to get this done to perfection. His original cobra base is still my favorite dio of all time.

Welcome aboard brother, nice to see you here.
Thanks Medd, It's good to see a familiar face!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
its crazy how cool some action figures can look posed next to some boxes...looking forward to more progress...

you in southeast Michigan Kenny?...i wouldnt mind helping if you were close