Hulk vs Hulk

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
Been meaning to do this for a while now. I don't like reviews that state the obvious, so let's assume all the figures have standard articulation and I'll just point out the bad stuff. ;)

Hulk vs Hulk!

As you can see, MU Hulk is way more beefy than Avengers retarded baby Hulk. I just don't understand how the Avengers Hulk sculpt got green lit. The torso has almost no definition, the hands are pre posed upside down, he has old lady's fat hips, twisted knee/ ankles, pin head, and uneven feet.

Let's have a look at the other unforgivable aspects of the shit head.

Knees cast in brown plastic. They couldn't even be bothered to paint the knee. Lazy cheap bastards. Hip articulation is beyond retarded. Also note how twisted the right knee is compared to the position of the ankle. His feet are also uneven making it nearly impossible for the figure to stand unaided.

He has no wrist, ankle, waist articulation.

Here's Avengers Hulk trying to do the splits -

That's literally how wide his hips go. The fucking spastics couldn't even have made the joint move both ways (meaning the hips can pinch together, like he's holding in a piss, but he can't do the splits).
The other end of the hip that connects to the body is almost vertical (think IM2/ W:O type articulation, only 100 times worse). Basically meaning it's a swivel only joint. ???

So this means in order to get any type of pose out of this cunt, you have to twist his legs so it looks like his hips are broken and his knees face backwards -

Upside down hands -

Retarded action feature means the ab crunch is permanently loose -

Again, who ever signed off the prototype needs his fucking head examined.

Now let's look at the awesomeness that is MU Hulk.

Some folk say he's too small, but I think massive Hulks are a bit much. Even the last movie Hulk was a bit too big in my opinion.

Articulation is great for a beefy figure. All joints are tight, but not too tight like some MU figures. He's got a ball plus hinge neck as well.

Here's a cool pose -

Even though it doesn't bother me, my only crit about MU Hulk is the non painted eyebrows (They are painted in the comic pack, just not the single card version).

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What I want to know is who the fuck keeps greenlighting those fucking purple trousers. I don't give a flying fuck if it was comic accurate, it looks like shit.

I'd be more apt to use a Marvel Select (Red and grey Hulks looks sufficiently menacing) Hulk as my go-to Hulk for 1:18 interaction. I just feel he should be massive, much like Thor's Mjolnir should be a maul and not that piddly hammer.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
What I want to know is who the fuck keeps greenlighting those fucking purple trousers. I don't give a flying fuck if it was comic accurate, it looks like shit.

I'd be more apt to use a Marvel Select (Red and grey Hulks looks sufficiently menacing) Hulk as my go-to Hulk for 1:18 interaction. I just feel he should be massive, much like Thor's Mjolnir should be a maul and not that piddly hammer.

I've got the MU Rulk...I don't even want to imagine the nightmare that would erupt from trying to repaint all that red to green.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It would have to be sprayed. Either rattle can or through an airbrush.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011

"And then our eyes met. And the world around us seemed to fade away. If you asked me before today I would have told you, 'I don't believe in love at first sight.' But that may as well have been a life time ago, because nothing mattered before this moment."

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
"And then our eyes met. And the world around us seemed to fade away. If you asked me before today I would have told you, 'I don't believe in love at first sight.' But that may as well have been a life time ago, because nothing mattered before this moment."

The only problem here is Avengers Hulk can't bend over and take one in the arse due to his shit articulation.:(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think the Avengers Hulk may have a more realistic human head sculpt, albeit a tad small. But that new MU Hulk looks great. I got the original MU one (Eddie has the same one) and it sucks.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I like it because of the muscle detail...it doesn't look so much like alligator skin like the other two.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I hope to find that MU one...I don't own a Hulk, cause the Avenger one looked dumb to me. Thanks for the pics!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Hasbro is so screwed up these days. They are like the Wal-mart of toys with the amount of brand names they have the rights to produce products of. However they can't make up their minds on what kind of articulation figures should have! Why do some Star Wars figures have T-crotches?! That blows my mind.

The Marvel movie figures are radically different from the Marvel Universe figures in both articulation and quality. I don't think they even use the same plastics. The movie figures are too soft feeling, and the paint applications are horrendous! I have a Captain America movie figure that has brown paint on his face! It looks like someone took a dump on his mask, and the Captain put it on in a rush only to find out something isn't quite right far too late.

GI Joe is the only brand other than Marvel Universe that has the superior style of articulation. Why don't ALL brands have ball joints?! There is no excuse! The articulation that some Star Wars figures, and all Marvel Movie figures have for the hip joints don't work nearly as well as just having ball joints! But even GI Joe is getting shanked by mediocrity as evident in the Retaliation lines 1st wave and vehicle drivers. They also don't have thigh cuts for some reason, but Marvel Universe does! WTF?! Why can't ALL of these brands have the exact same style of articulation and the same quality of plastic and paint applications?

Hasbro is so inconsistent with how they make figures. Its like each brand is run by its own branch, and all these branches arbitrarily make decisions on how to go about making toys, regardless of the innovations of other branches. I would also hazard a guess that there is a centralized corporate branch above all of them, that gives them basic business objectives and doesn't pay attention to what the lower branches are doing. They just let them do whatever so long as they make a profit.

There simply is no standard for quality.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The old wives tale for the reason SW's spotty articulation consistency is Darth Georgy Boy. If that's so it would also account for the articulation failboat that was the IJ line.

Would IJ have gone the distance if the Joe articulation would have be utilized? quite possibly, but they would have been 12 dollar figures to make room for Darth Georgy Boy's cut of the pie. Of course I went to go pick up another ML Absorbing Man and the 10 dollar price tag took the wind out of my sails. On their best day ML figures are 7 bucks worth of product, especially if they don't have accessories or a stand.

You will find that ML articulation is NOT universal in the line. Those thigh swivels have yet to become the rule. So, with the uncommon ML (and now that Retailaition has shown us) exception, Joe is still the articulation pinnacle.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I saw the Hulk that is the same as the MU release but it comes with a lighted pedistal at TRU the other day. I want to pick it up, but it's $15, the only reason why I would get it is because I haven't seen the MU version anywhere.