IDW inspired Chuckles

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Excellent! I don't read the comics, so I'm not sure if the "Free Shrugs" is part of his comic design or not, but I love it. Regardless, excellent job on making it vintage looking.

I really dig your Chuckles design. I got it from Shapeways last week, and it was the best one out of the batch that I ordered. No sanding or touch-up required. It looked like a cast head sculpt.

Again, great job!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Wow, great take on this one. Did you make the shirt part?:thumbsup:

I used my skin camo tutorial and instead of matte medium, I mixed my base color with the medium and layered over the laser print until I couldn't see the print under it anymore.

Then it's simply just cutting out the shapes, removing the paper and then gluing together.

I don't know if people can tell, but I have a homemade shoulder holster underneath the shirt.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I used my skin camo tutorial and instead of matte medium, I mixed my base color with the medium and layered over the laser print until I couldn't see the print under it anymore.

Then it's simply just cutting out the shapes, removing the paper and then gluing together.

I don't know if people can tell, but I have a homemade shoulder holster underneath the shirt.

I was wondering how you got the shirt that thin.

I can see the holster now that you pointed it out. Very cool.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Excellent! I don't read the comics, so I'm not sure if the "Free Shrugs" is part of his comic design or not, but I love it. Regardless, excellent job on making it vintage looking.

I really dig your Chuckles design. I got it from Shapeways last week, and it was the best one out of the batch that I ordered. No sanding or touch-up required. It looked like a cast head sculpt.

Again, great job!

"Free Shrugs" isn't apart of the comic design. From what I can remember, the original design uses a blue box cut shirt with a dark T under it. I wanted to give him a less noticeable button shirt but to bring something in design wise that is "Chuckles". "Free Shrugs" just felt like his attitude from the comic.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Damn!!!

Awesome work Giga! I never really cared for Chuckles until the Cobra Comic's and now I'm a big fan. I want this figure!