I'll just leave these here:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

AND NOw for the rest of the story.

Obviously from Bbi's facebook. Apparently they did these sometime back, just over a couple of dozen, but no release. They may be playing with the idea of a general release on them, though?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The prototype is on SSHQDB. I doubt it ever got into the retail stream.

If they rerelease it it will probably be 80 bucks.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
$80 if we're lucky...they've gotten mighty scalpery these days...get'n a bit too big for their britches...

It's very cool though...are those grenade pods accurate?...not sure I've seen any Humvees with those on them...

I'd love to see them do the armor kit...though, again, I'd hate to see their new ridiculous pricing on something like that...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
$80 if we're lucky...they've gotten mighty scalpery these days...get'n a bit too big for their britches...

It's very cool though...are those grenade pods accurate?...not sure I've seen any Humvees with those on them...

The M7 LVOSS is for Humvees, though I don't recall seeing one equipped in person.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well they prototyped this thing when you could still by them on TrU shelves, I'll wager it predates the up-armored kits by a few years.

This isn't a "new" item by any means. Think of it like if 21st Century was still around and they announced the M551 or PBR might go into production.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It would look good doused in Krylon olive drab. I almost hope it happens, but I'd be just as happy to track down a couple of 21st M151 MUTTs.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I miss when BBI used to make stuff like this.

If only there were more of us.

Someone once posted a photo of an entire end-cap at Target loaded with BBI stuff at 30-50% off for the after-Christmas clearance.

There were UH-60s, AH-64s, Humvees, etc.....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Someone once posted a photo of an entire end-cap at Target loaded with BBI stuff at 30-50% off for the after-Christmas clearance.

Wish I hadn't been cycled out of 1:18 at the time.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Depending on the price, I'd pull the trigger. I wanted to make those grenade pods but I'd rather get a more durable version.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I have seen one of those turrets before !:thumbsup:

If they would have produced them I would not have had to make my rendition.

They were popular.

This would have been a hit !!!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Man! I use to have a wholesale account with bbi. Wish I still had it. Use to get their figures for 3 bucks and the vehicles were like a third of retail. I didn't sell them, a few friends and myself would just go in so collecting was cheaper

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011

my brother got a little bird from that line a while back. I think he still has it. I wanna get one of them troop transport vehicles.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011

I'd love to see that pic.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I have seen one of those turrets before !:thumbsup:

If they would have produced them I would not have had to make my rendition.

They were popular.

This would have been a hit !!!

And what an awesome kit it is/was...

now if only we could get someone to do the armor kit...I wonder who...hmmm...;)

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
Seeing this photo, I kind of want to cry. I've been planning to make this for myself. The trouble is, I'm no good at it and have no idea how to start. Why oh why won't they release this? (!) Then again, here in Canada, TRU and Walmart etc don't carry this stuff. For me, it's been all ... eBay.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Seeing this photo, I kind of want to cry. I've been planning to make this for myself. The trouble is, I'm no good at it and have no idea how to start. Why oh why won't they release this? (!) Then again, here in Canada, TRU and Walmart etc don't carry this stuff. For me, it's been all ... eBay.

They haven't been in big box retailers for years, and neither will this, should it happen.