Iraq M113A2 with racks and shield

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
San Bernardino, California
I received Pickelhaube's m113 APC upgrade. After removing all of the gear from the original model, filling the holes, cleaning up the new parts, assembling them, painting the parts and the final assembly, here is the semi finished result. Once again Matt (a.k.a. Pickelhaube) you have out done yourself.

I added the MK 19 grenade launcher instead of the .50 cal. I plan on doing a little weathering and loading it up with gear after a few tweaks here and there.

Pickelhaube's Upgrade parts

The 1/18 scale M113 that will receive the upgrade.

The upgrade

Last edited:

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
Pickelhaube sells the rounded racks (shown) for $40 a pair, plus another $25 for the cupola and shield. He also sells the squared racks for $30 a pair depending on what your looking for. Once I received them I had them cleaned up, built, painted and installed in less then two days working a few hours a day. It actually took me longer to remove the added storage on the model, fill the holes and touch up the paint in preparation for the conversion. I found it to be a fun build.

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
Here is the other conversion I did using Pickelhaube's Vietnam cupola and gun shields. You can see the difference in the shield and cupola's. I'm still trying to perfect my weathering before I put the brush to the models.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Another fine M-113 custom Vietvetson .

Any way to get a side by side of the Old vs the New ?

1965 - 2005 more than 40 years in service !!

Doing a little research the M-113 was designed in '59 and went into production in '60 .

It is still being used so 1960-2015 .

55 years in service !!!

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
I tried taking a picture of my two converted APC's side by side but they did not turn out. I decided to cut and paste the photos of the two Pickelhaube conversions. The green APC is the Vietnam era M113A1 with .50 cal MG and a .60 cal MG with shields, along with a recoilless rifle. The tan one is the Iraq M113A2 with racks and a MK19 grenade launcher and gun shield. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: