Is there some kind of plastic fill material for Star Wars figures' heads?

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
I've bought a couple of Star Wars figures, both from Hasbro and Kenner, to make some custom G.I. Joe figures, but the ball that the heads sit on is larger than the G.I. Joe and Cobra "head ball" (for lack of a better term!). The beautiful thing is that the heads pop off so easily on these Star Wars figures, but there is such a deep crevice inside their heads that they sit low on a lot of the Joe necks. Not all but some. I don't want to be limited as to which bodies I can use just because the head sits low.

So, is there some type of plastic filler that I can use to partially fill up the hole so the heads don't sit so low on the necks? Or does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hot glue or 2-part epoxy. Sticky/poster tack works, too.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Put some teflon tape or petroleum jelly on the neck ball of the joe, fill the SW head with hot glue and sit on the joe to the desired height. Then allow the glue to cool. The head should pop back off due to teflon tape or jelly. Then cut away the extra glue and pop the head back on. Easy cheesy.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Another method that works is put some sculpey into head hole (don't fill it up entirely). Press head onto ball, trim the excess that pushes out and dunk into boiling water . Than i just nuke a cup of water(without figure) and drop figure in that water head first till water cools to touch. I do that maybe 4 times. I like that cause if i change my mind on head, Sculpey can be easilly broken out.

In winter, I place figure in front of space heater to harden sculpey.

Last edited:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Try a ball of masking tape rolled in your fingers with the sticky side out.

The hot glue and CA may adhere to the head and you will not be able to turn it to pose.

The ball will keep the head floating high and should be just enough tack to hold it in place.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Green Stuff! It doesn't harden to the extent of let's say Aves Fixit Sculpt. The fact that it still remains a bit soft allows you to pop the head in there without the Green Stuff breaking.

I usually put enough in to get it to the right height, pull the head off and push the Green Stuff towards the center of the hole that's in the Green Stuff so that it'll make a tight fit when it cures and you don't have to worry about the head falling off.

Hope that helps!