JoeCon 2011 Steel Cobra Review

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Cobra de Aco is a Cobra Commando that is a Brazil figure that was released in 1985. Cobra de Aco is translated to Steel Cobra. The original arah figure was a repaint of the 1982 Flash and had a chrome repainted head of the 1982 Snake Eyes. He came with Flash's backpack and laser rifle. Fast forward to 2011, JoeCon 2011 featured Mission Brazil 2, Steel Cobra is a simple repaint and a natural fit for the set.

Lets start with the figure, the body is a direct repaint of the 25th Flash. He is in his traditional black with yellow padding. He has bright silver gloves that match his chrome head. He has a very detailed and perfectly applied Cobra Sigil on his chest. The head has a full range of motion. A repaint of the 25th Snake Eyes with his trademark chrome. The head really stands out and the pics don't do it justice, it's awesome! My figure has perfect paint applications, not one flaw.

Steel Cobra comes with a 2 peg cobra stand with the name Steel Cobra on it, a black laser rifle and a black backpack that connects together. He also comes with a File Card that is by far the best File Card of the set. The card gives a nice background on Cobra de Aco and is very informative and interesting.

Steel Cobra is my favorite figure of the entire 15 figure set. I'm not surprised that this figure has been selling for over $100 on the aftermarket. The pictures can't show how awesome he is in hand. A simple repaint, perfectly done. A true tribute to a classic rare figure.

10 out of 10

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Very nice photos, MW!

How much should I expect to pay if I were interested in one on Ebay?

Anything over 30 dollars?

:D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Very nice photos, MW!

How much should I expect to pay if I were interested in one on Ebay?

Anything over 30 dollars?

:D

Thanks! good luck :)

he looks really cool with the whole PP group, blends in very well

Yea he does. I'm not happy with my group icture though, I spent so much time trying to get a good shot of his chrome head that someof the other PP's are out of focus. His chrome head doesn't photograph well, plus i suck at taking pics lol

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Haha, yeah my only gripe was that some shots were out of focus. You should try shooting in daylight for reviews. With my camera, I can't take them without a flash after dark and them turn out remotely decent, and then with the flash, they're so washed out... grrr...

Oddly enough, this is the only figure I absolutely did not want, second only to maybe Mainframe. After seeing your review, I still don't want him, but I do like him more. I guess since he's a foreign figure and a weird repaint, and I have no childhood attachment to him (I wouldn't know anything about him if it wasn't for YoJoe's archives and fans' obsession with his rarity) that is why I couldn't care less about him. The chrome head is a nice touch, and I think that Steel Cobra is a fantastic Con exclusive figure.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Haha, yeah my only gripe was that some shots were out of focus. You should try shooting in daylight for reviews. With my camera, I can't take them without a flash after dark and them turn out remotely decent, and then with the flash, they're so washed out... grrr...

Oddly enough, this is the only figure I absolutely did not want, second only to maybe Mainframe. After seeing your review, I still don't want him, but I do like him more. I guess since he's a foreign figure and a weird repaint, and I have no childhood attachment to him (I wouldn't know anything about him if it wasn't for YoJoe's archives and fans' obsession with his rarity) that is why I couldn't care less about him. The chrome head is a nice touch, and I think that Steel Cobra is a fantastic Con exclusive figure.

Yeah as I was telling eddie, Steel Cobra is very frustrating to photograph, his awesome Chrome head just never wants to look good, then I would spend so much time trying to get a good shot, the rest of the picture would suck. Of course I also suck at taking pics lol. Maybe in the next few days if I have time, I'll try shooting some new shots in daylight and see if they turn out better.

As far as the figure, I've always been interested in him and been a fan of the weird international figures. The main problem is the price.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Next to Covergirl, this was the only other figure in the set that really grabbed my interest, as I really dislike PP in general. I did eventually pony up enough to get this guy, and I wasn't sorry. MW is correct, it is a really nice figure. I too really enjoy the cool foreign figures for some reason.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

i feel the same way...could. care. less....just looks like a weird Snake Eyes...thought if someone were to give him to me, i wouldn't mind...thats not a hint...