JSI VF-154 Black Knights

soia339

Sick Of It All
Mar 14, 2011
Well my BK showed up today from aikensairplanes. Really happy with it. New accessory are awesome. Most of all nothing is broken & good bye spots.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
That is very cool. I hope to get a spot-less cat soon. I love the new armament. Also, is the landing gear more sturdy?

soia339

Sick Of It All
Mar 14, 2011
That is very cool. I hope to get a spot-less cat soon. I love the new armament. Also, is the landing gear more sturdy?

To me the landing gear and panels are still as fragile as the first release.

Last edited:

astronut1885

The Unwashed
Mar 28, 2011
I'd love to see them revisit the original scheme minus the cheetah plague. I'm a little surprised that the spot-cats didn't take a big hit in value now that these are out, I expected to see them all over Ebay and was hoping to pick one up myself now that something better can be had.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i was hoping they'd drop too...i think the problem was this new batch was lighted and $300 compared to non-lighted and $200...so ebayers can leave the old ones at $200 if guys aren't willing to fork over $300...plus, listing some at $200 looks like yer still getting a deal...had this new scheme been $200, the old spotted owl woulda for sure dropped in price

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
its amazing what weathering the spotcat will do for it...doing up the panel lines makes for a world of difference

sax5thave

The Unwashed
Apr 17, 2011
Manila, PH
Hi guys, New to this forum.

Photos when the mask wasn't fitted yet.

Photos when the mask was fitted.

Ok. Here is the final outcome of the F14 pilot. The figure has limited articulation. Head swivels left to right, arms go up and down, elbows have 90 degrees movement. Hips and knee have 90 degrees movement. Oxygen mask, boots and hands are fixed. I had 30 pairs made. This is resin so be careful. The photos were taken using a 5mp point and shoot which did not do justice.

Also, the BBI figure we copied it from has wide legs which will not fit the cockpit. removing the knee pegs and lower leg will enable you to seat the figure properly. You can install the leg and pegs back if you want.

They will be sold as a pair.

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24201

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Not bad. I know lots of people want pilots.

If you've copied BBI toolings.. have you thought about the Hasbro GI JOE figures? Some of the figures have great articulation and can work in a pinch for a pilot.

sax5thave

The Unwashed
Apr 17, 2011
Manila, PH
Thanks.. We just copied the figure by taking the BBI pilot apart and making molds for the resin. We originally made these figures so my friends and I will have the right pilots for our Tomcats. The extra pilots we intend to sell to offset the cost. Price will be at $27 shipped for a pair.

sax5thave

The Unwashed
Apr 17, 2011
Manila, PH
Not a bad price. Are the helmets removable? Do they come painted?

Sadly the helmets are not removable and so are the O2 masks since the material is resin. Yes they come painted as shown. I am sending 20 pairs to my folks Minnesota so shipping will start from there instead of here in the Philippines. Details will be posted at warbirds forum since I am a long time member there. Just discovered this site from a fellow warbird.