Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I found this on Kickstarter

I am Elemental Super Heroine action figures for girls
Funding Period - May 13 2014 - Jun 12 2014 Funding Goal $35,000

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iamelemental/iamelemental-action-figures-for-girls
Home | iamelemental.com

These look pretty cool. They are 4" and have 13 POA and are about $10

I know that these are not usually the type of figure that is talked about here but I figured I would pass along the information in case anyone was interested and wanted to support this line.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
HA!

After scouring toy stores in search of action figures that are appropriate toys for young girls, we discovered that the typical female action figure on the market today is not actually designed for girls at all (or even boys). Instead, most are created for the adult male collector, decidedly more Hooters than Heroine.

So true though.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I know that these are not usually the type of figure that is talked about here but I figured I would pass along the information in case anyone was interested and wanted to support this line.

not exactly true. we have fans of all kinds of figures on this site. Especially since the 1:18th line is pretty much non existent. Plus, some of these could be used for female fodder for customizers, especially since these are not "hooter style", so that's a plus.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
This is actually pretty cool, looks like there's already quite a bit of support for it, they're almost funded already. If only they had just a wee bit more articulation. I'll probably pick one up just because I like the concept.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
I understand positive messages to young girls and female empowerment. But... what exactly is the back story? I feel like this project is nothing but an empty shell... there's no substance to make me want these.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Good find! I think they look pretty well done. No there not highly articulated, but they are made for girls (or boys) and don't require the articulation adults want. If I can get the funds I'm backing this after I back Falcone's project.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Yeah I got my email this morning on the update.

I think my daughter is going to love these.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah I got my email this morning on the update.

I think my daughter is going to love these.

I got a set for my daughter as well. I'm not sure if she'll like them though. She doesn't really like super heroes too much. She liked Sailor Moon and is really excited for Big Hero 6 but her favorite figure is Golum. My favorite out of the group is Hope though.

I did find it funny that TIME listed this as one of the best inventions of 2014. Princess Leia action figures have been around empowering girls since 1977. My wife had that one even when she was a little girl.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm waiting on a set as well from them on Kickstarter. Sucks that BBTS got theirs before anyone else but that probably paid a huge chunk into the KD for that added benefit.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
These came in today. Overall they are pretty good. She feels a lot like the most recent MU wasp figure but with less articulation but a little sturdier.

Articulation is okay. She has a ball neck, swivel hinge shoulders, elbows, and knees, and t-bar hips similar to Joes. Being a superhero I would have like to see wrist and ankle movement and the ability to look straight up while she is flying.

Her sculpt is pretty simple and she has very smooth features. Her wings are actually a backpack feature. And she lacks foot peg holes for dynamic posing.

I didn't have a comparison figure at the time but I'll get some more pics up a little later.

I am Elemental - Honesty

Attachments

• iae_honesty.jpg
    iae_honesty.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 40

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not bad. I'd probably throw $5-6 at one if it were in stores.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good girls are simply ones that haven't found their price yet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A waist swivel would have been the bees knees.

The 6" figure coming has one, as well as ankles and I believe wrists. I'd still buy one of these if I saw one at retail, but these are limited to speciality (non-chain) stores and online.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Last time I talked to the ladies in charge they also said they had series 2 called "Wisdom" 4" in development so they may expand the quality on the 4" figures a bit.

btw this series was called "Courage"

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Need more than one.

Although they do play well with the Avengers fighting blue shirts, vipers, and shock troopers.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Looks like they will have to keep fighting blue shirts, vipers, and shock troopers.

At this point, there are no plans to add articulation to the 4" figures, but we have only just begun development on them, so I suppose you never know.

As of right now, there are no plans for villains. You will have to have them battle existing figures instead!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Blah...that's disappointing.

Missing a pretty big opportunity in my opinion. Unless they are worried that girls will go all Melificent on them and the baddies like Loose, Lust, Liar, and Plastic Surgery are better than the heroes.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, they really are a nicely-done-and-presented product; but I just can't get excited about torso-bricks. Plus the randomly-sold singles is bullshit, but on the other hand the $11 price is pretty damned nice.

I dig Oblivion a lot, but I wonder WTF caused them to create a hentai chick named 'Ingenuity'.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed Ingenuity's tentacle pet.