Kitty Pryde finished

raginspoon

Enlisted
Aug 20, 2011
I think I need to do some touch ups on the the paint around the hairline and such. Other than that I do believe I am done. I also might make a different head not sure I like this one.

Let me know what you think.

Parts:

Head: Star Wars pilot
Hair: Kitty Pryde
Upper Torso. Sculpted
Lower Torso. Reworked Scarlett
Legs. Reworked helix legs
Lower legs baroness
Arms. Baroness and Scarlett upper

This is how she will be on my shelf

This is the cast pictures before paint

W.I.P.

raginspoon

Enlisted
Aug 20, 2011
Not a fan of the MU version?

Not at all. If you can get past the ugo face the bland body and the crappy articulation then it would be a great.

I plan on using this body to make a few other figures. So it was worth my time in sculpting a new body. Next is going to be rogue. The MU body to me is pretty bad.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I have to agree. The MU sculpts, especially the female sculpts, are terrible. No detail whatsoever. They paint the clothes on and don't even attempt to give the clothing folds and/or wrinkles. They're just blank. But heck, as long as they're selling, why would Hasbro spend more money to make a superior product if there isn't a need?

Excellent job, RS! Much better than the cheap stuff Hasbro has been giving us in this line.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I don't own any MU but do see them around a lot. Some look great to me, but I'm not familiar enough to know if they are really that good or not. All the Kittys I've seen have a derp face, but I thought they were okay as a starting point at least. They Weapon X fig looks pretty good to me, but I don't really have a place for her in the Joeverse. I've liked some of the other characters too, but they weren't worth the price for me.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
They actually have some really good sculpts in the line, and they seem to be getting better every wave, but the females are just terrible, if I'm being honest.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I found a psylocke today, and poor Betsy uses the horrid phoenix sculpt. It's just fugly. Hasbro has the ability sculpt some good looking women (see SW figures), but Marvel gets the shaft for some reason. It's like MU is the training ground, and when they get good, they get pulled up to the SW big leagues.