LBC Allan Quatermain and April O'Neil

Monte Williams

Geek Creek Kitbasher
Apr 17, 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
www.flickr.com
I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with these combinations.

Allan Quatermain:

April O'Neil:

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Don't know who Alan Quartermain is, but that's a nice looking combo...

That Muckman steals the show for me though...very very cool!

Monte Williams

Geek Creek Kitbasher
Apr 17, 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
www.flickr.com
Thanks, guys!

More Alan Moore LOEG characters!

I have an idea for Nemo, I just need to gather the parts. There's also a Padme that could serve as Mina in a pinch.

Many years ago I noticed that there is a modern-ish figure to represent nearly every major Ninja Turtle character from the vintage series:

http://twofistedtoytalk.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/modern-day-mutants/

Groundchuck and Tremor is the must uncanny match.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

The Heap, by McFarlane toys.

I dig the Allan Quartemain. Though Alan Moore sure as shit didn't create him, or any of the league.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but like Joe fans and military tech, some people may not know that. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking of how to go about the whole league in custom form and Mina was the toughest outside of head sculpts. I'm a stickler for looks being "historically feasible", and cheapening out and doing something like the movie or what they did with the gal in Van Helsing are no-gos. Being able to sculpt would definitely help with the lack of good, 19th century-passable parts.

Hyde and Allan would probably be the easiest, Mina definitely the hardest. Dorian Grey could go either way, dependent on how much of a fop you make him.

This sure would make an interesting group custom project, similar to what they do over on JoeCustoms.......

Last edited:

Monte Williams

Geek Creek Kitbasher
Apr 17, 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
www.flickr.com
Yeah, but like Joe fans and military tech, some people may not know that. :D

Fair point. I hadn't read any of the original source material before I read Moore's book, and I still haven't read much of it; I haven't even read Dracula!

I have however read King Solomon's Mines, and I'm currently listening to a LibriVox recording of Allan Quatermain.

Meanwhile, Dorian Gray is no concern of mine, for the simple reason that I am no fan of the film.

As for Jekkyl and Hyde, the scale is of course wonky (although perhaps less so for Hyde, naturally), but DST's figures are great:

http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK600001-620000/STK613855.jpg

Toys R Us recently had him for $13. I wanted him quite badly, but opted to pass.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was a kid when I read Dracula, but recall it being quite boring. It could have been the diary format Stoker used. I should read it again and see if it's better than I initially thought.

Hyde is easily done with MU parts. Jekyll I admit is tough. Perhaps a combination based on Henry Jones' torso, RoC/PoC CC's pelvis, legs and feet, Agent Mouse forearms *continues pondering*

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Oh yeah, one last thing. You should drop these pics into the one-shot thread too. Each month we pic a favorite pic out of there and our very own Fled writes up a story about it for the front page.