List of casters?

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
Now that Daremo isn't selling his awesome stuff anymore, who else comes close to his variety and prices?

Mark

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Vortious
The Angel Forge
I think Star Wars Geek is still casting as well.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
TofuJesse is done, Broken Arrow will take you months (if not years) to get your parts, and yep StarWarsGeek is still going strong. RaginSpoon is another one that makes good stuff.

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
Thanks guys. I buy from Angel Forge, Starwarsgeek, and Raginspoon. None of them have the items Daremo was offering...hopefully they'll pick up the slack. Daremo had the best stuff!!!

Thanks again for the link and suggestions!!!!
Mark

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Obi Wan supplied a lot of custom heads/weapons, and you're not likely to find anyone else doing that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Edited his BST post, said he can't afford to cast any more.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Obi Wan supplied a lot of custom heads/weapons, and you're not likely to find anyone else doing that.

Only a few of the Obi heads were ever popular. But just in the beginning, not so much now. Nobody wanted the weapons. The BBI items were the most popular before I added the Acid Rain parts.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
Any chance that somebody will get the modern warfare and F118th heads? Angel Forge since they collaborated on the F118th figs??

Last edited:

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
Well...you were awesome to offer what you had in inventory!!!

Ironically, I was about to ask for a bunch of BBi HKs, mk46s, and vests, acid rain stuff and some newer BBi helmets and your assortmwnt of helo helmets (especially your SOAR and apache ones). I even made a power point so I wouldn't confuse myself...hahaha.
I'm always late to the game. LOL.

Hopefully you at least cast for yourself and show off some cool customs!

Cheers!

Mark

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, I think I get an order once every 2 months. I think very little product from GI Joe has effected things.

At Con, I think I sold 40 heads? I went with 300.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, I think I get an order once every 2 months. I think very little product from GI Joe has effected things.

At Con, I think I sold 40 heads? I went with 300.

Yeah, that has a lot to do with it for sure. Also, the mtf figures and accessories are a higher priority for people now. Factory painted accessories that are the same price or less than cast pieces aren't helping any either.

Time to get back into customizing figures.

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
Yeah, that has a lot to do with it for sure. Also, the mtf figures and accessories are a higher priority for people now. Factory painted accessories that are the same price or less than cast pieces aren't helping any either.

Time to get back into customizing figures.

I hate it that you're not for making head casts and gear, but I completely understand. The stuff I got from you was really great, almost finished with a custom using some of the parts I got from you.

I will great to see some new custom from you, they are top notch.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
TofuJesse is done, Broken Arrow will take you months (if not years) to get your parts, and yep StarWarsGeek is still going strong. RaginSpoon is another one that makes good stuff.

Has the Jesse thing been confirmed or just "no shit" obvious speculation?

I've been extremely patient with him but he's given me the runaround for over 18 months and I paid him a decent chunk of money AND he has parts I sent him, one set that cost me $100+ to acquire. Fogger finally got his parts but I'm not so optimistic on my end.

burls

The Unwashed
Jul 3, 2013
I made a purchase from The Angel Forge a couple months ago. It took about a month to get the order, the quality was great and a couple free bees were thrown in. All and all I'd order from them again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Has the Jesse thing been confirmed or just "no shit" obvious speculation?

I've been extremely patient with him but he's given me the runaround for over 18 months and I paid him a decent chunk of money AND he has parts I sent him, one set that cost me $100+ to acquire. Fogger finally got his parts but I'm not so optimistic on my end.

Still nothing for you? Shit it's getting comical at this point.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well Jesse did say back in I think it was around April/May that he was getting a regular job again, and pulling way back on casting. He also said something about wanting to change gears to do more 6" stuff instead of 4". He even gave me permission to copy some heads I got from him which I'm starting to work my way through.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well Jesse did say back in I think it was around April/May that he was getting a regular job again, and pulling way back on casting. He also said something about wanting to change gears to do more 6" stuff instead of 4". He even gave me permission to copy some heads I got from him which I'm starting to work my way through.

Still nothing for you? Shit it's getting comical at this point.

Oh, I've been in on-again-off-again contact with him. Via FB and his cell number. He's just not responded to the last 15 or so messages, even though he's told me he's shipped or going to ship "this weekend" about 45 times now. I even got a tracking number once!

:grumpy:

I've been extremely patient, other than politely asking him every few weeks what the deal is, but come the fuck on.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
It's stuff like that, that ruins the reputations of ALL of us castors. Once someone is burned by one of ust they think all of us are going to rip them off.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
It sucks that it's so easy for only a few to ruin it for the rest. Hisstank adopted a no cast sales policy thanks to a couple bad apples. I had a guy contact me about molding and casting some stuff for him because 3 other castors he had hired burned him. I guess it's easier to take the money and disappear than honor the agreement. There's soooooooo many stories out there about people getting screwed over by castors that it's almost expected. It sure makes it hard for the honest ones. :)eddieism:)