Mandalorian Pin-up Girl

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
My entry in a contest over at ISY.

The Directional Thrusters and Rangefinder articulate and the Pauldrons are hinged with cloth so as not to restrict movement of the shoulders

The little silver thing with the red thread on it is supposed to be a Mandalorian flute/weapon called a Bes'bev

Some links if anyone wants to check out other entries and vote.
Submission Thread
Voting Thread

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Thanks, Obi.:proposetoast: I appreciate the encouragement.

I thought his entry was quite nice really. I think he does some cool stuff. We can't all be "Master of Ninja Posing" like you, you know. :D

Oh, don't get me wrong - I like his stuff too. I just think action figures turned into statues aren't action figures anymore. Call me silly.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, don't get me wrong - I like his stuff too. I just think action figures turned into statues aren't action figures anymore. Call me silly.

Too bad we couldn't get you installed at McFarlane Toys.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

That is something I was noticing in my figures, was a trend towards the "inaction figure". Making them so delicate I was afraid to touch them or sacrificing movement to conceal joints. I tried really hard not to do that with this one.

Too bad we couldn't get you installed at McFarlane Toys.

Yes, Obi's quest for the perfectly articulated figure is most inspiring.:proposetoast: I'm glad you like my figure, by the way. :hijack:dick...

:D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm, this hemble fellow has removed his entry's pic. It makes fills me with a mighty curiosity.

From the others I like yours the best. I like the skeletal pattern on the one fellows clone, but I think yours is better overall.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
What ended up screwing a few of people was the the ruling that vehicles/mounts were not eligible as an "accessory". I have a Slave1 that I am working on to be this figure's spaceship that wasn't allowed. Another dude had a Dewback for his Stormtrooper that he couldn't enter. It was pretty much spelled out that unless we wanted to steal Hemble's idea and do it better than him, that he was going to win. I probably won't enter another contest on that site. This one wasn't run all that well. Not to sound like a sore loser, but if you're gonna let one person bend the rules, you should let everyone.

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
You should talk to Obi about this. Waaaaaaaaay back he forgot to add sand and the rest is history. And a really old anekdote, I know, I know ;)

ISY is having a new contest, though. Don't know if you're up for making a group of figures, but as far as I can see it's an "everything-goes-contest".

I'm not sure if I'll participate, since I've got a few other projects that need to be finished first (i.e. for which I got paid....)

Anyway, you would've gotten my vote. Original figure, excellent details and paint work, something different. Hemble does great work, but most of the time it's more of the same. No disrespect intended.

:)

Rider

Au Soleil !
Jul 30, 2015
Marseille
cobra.4umer.com
Hey ! I remember well this custom Will
(I was not even registered on this forum , maybe on the H. one ?)
It was one of the few at that Time that strikes you
as it was really one of a Kind when most of the Time others were often just so so ...

Fact is that I still like it !