Mandalorian WIP

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Here's WIP of a Mandlorian i'm working on for a fellow member. It's still needs a fair amount of sculpting on the armour, as I feel it looks a little 2 dimensional as it is. I want to build up the two breast plates a little and give them a beveled edge. The pauldrons need to be cut down a little and have some detail added. I have had a real bitch of a time coming up with some legs that I like for him. Everything is either too short or too fat. I'm really loving the way the Renegades Zartan legs look, but I'm not sure if I can talk my dude into single jointed knees. Adding articulated ankles is no problem, so I'm hoping he will go for it, because aesthetically speaking they work very well achieving the look I'm going for. Anyhow here are some pics.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
That's looking good! Google Stocos28 Mandalore and you might get some ideas for legs. Though I'm pretty confident that you have the skills to take a non armored leg that works and sculpt the armor detail on it.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
That's looking good! Google Stocos28 Mandalore and you might get some ideas for legs. Though I'm pretty confident that you have the skills to take a non armored leg that works and sculpt the armor detail on it.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I've been experimenting a little and it looks like with a little modification, I can get pretty close to the same range of motion as a double jointed knee. I really don't want to have to sculpt the legs. I'm rather slow at it and I need to start painting here soon.