Marauder Gun Runners announces WWll line

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Announced on their Facebook page...

Marauder "Gun-Runners" If we are working on a large project, we will make our intentions known early in the process. Here is the "official" notice that we are planning a World War 2 series of figures and weapons. More details to follow, but now we are on record so if others annonce similar projects, our project is not a surprise. ;-) MJ

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could be cool, if they don't give us the same shit everyone else has. Die Ostfront mit sowjetische Untermenschen, bitte!

At least we'll get some fly WWII kit, though they aren't going to top Dragon's StG.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I suspect we'll get early-mid war Germans (think Hiya's) and 'Muricans. Not that I couldn't use a good WWII American buck. I still want to do that WWIICATDS.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I started, but didn't get far. Still have the shield, though. :D

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Hopefully we'll get some British and Russian soldiers out of it

Yup, what he said, if I remember correctly the Germans lost, their tanks were underproduced, over complicated and unreliable, '' Tiger'' ''Panther'' the Russians were near death, built the BEST tank of the war and kicked ass, the British won the air war against a Giant, let's see some love for the under rated and overlooked Allies who helped us Win !!
Yes I said Tigers and Panthers were unreliable, only approximately 1,000 Tigers were built, most of them broke down before they ever got to the front lines, crews were ordered not to tow or pull other tanks or vehicles with them because the transmissions would grenade, Panthers had similar issues. I still don't understand why everyone thinks they wer so great.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
2late&2broke gg

Yup, what he said, if I remember correctly the Germans lost, their tanks were underproduced, over complicated and unreliable, '' Tiger'' ''Panther'' the Russians were near death, built the BEST tank of the war and kicked ass, the British won the air war against a Giant, let's see some love for the under rated and overlooked Allies who helped us Win !!
Yes I said Tigers and Panthers were unreliable, only approximately 1,000 Tigers were built, most of them broke down before they ever got to the front lines, crews were ordered not to tow or pull other tanks or vehicles with them because the transmissions would grenade, Panthers had similar issues. I still don't understand why everyone thinks they wer so great.

Hey the Sherman wasn't THAT bad. you know, once the British fixed them!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Because they could kill practically EVERY AFV the Allies fielded, and at considerably longer ranges than the Allied AFVs could engage at.

What you said, however, is generally true. Grossly over-complicated engineering is a compulsion Germans still have even today. It didn't help that Der Führer was making decisions on what was getting funded.

Make the Panther reliable and reduce the Sherman's and T-34's production numbers and I think you find the story quite different. As to the Battle of Britain, I think that was Hitler's interference again.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
WW1 would make a Hell of a 1:18 action figure line! Hell, trench raider figures alone! Would like to see some WW2 commonwealth forces.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Two people posting in one thread in one day within the same hour who haven't posted in months??

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD??!!

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
WW1 would make a Hell of a 1:18 action figure line! Hell, trench raider figures alone! Would like to see some WW2 commonwealth forces.

Has anyone asked or polled to find out if there's any interest in wwI, if enough, would there be a castor or castors willing to make/sculpt helmets and gear and possibly a few figures ? I'd be down for some .