marauder gun runners

FSB

Enlisted
Jan 27, 2015
so i know that you have heard of marauder gun runners (MGR) if you dont MGR they is the company that makes weapons for 3 3/4 figures but claim that the weapons are 1:18th . so have anyone own the product ? did it fit perfectly or what ? what is your opinion ?
answers...i need answers it is so confusing
thanks
FSB

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The scale, as well as proportions, are all over the map. Some are better than others.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
You need to either learn to or mod the weapons that are provided for the figure that you want to use it on....that is why army building is popular....and then you will be satisfied.....the figures themselves don't support good posing for the proper scale weapons and that is why the scale is all over the place.....what we need is a company to make it all and pick a scale 1/16...1/18...1/20 what ever, that will take over the whole military GI Joe line and start over. If you use Obi-mods on your figures and good modded weapons you will achieve the pose with the weapon you choose....hopefully....:)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A lot of the issue is scale creep from the figures themselves.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Falcone's are 1:18, but since the figures are technically larger (especially the hands) they look wrong together.

FSB

Enlisted
Jan 27, 2015
Thank you all ! So in the end should i get MGR product or what ? By the way thanks Meddatron the weapons that they sell looks awesome but the ones that Deramo sell is a bit high i mean $6 for a gun is pretty high

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Because they're cast resin and not mass-production injection molded plastics. As for Marauder, eh, it can't hurt to at least try them out. they occasionally are the best (or only) option for one gun or another.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My main issue with Marauder is the snails pace of waves and their propensity not to do guns we actually need. Now that they're doing figures it'll be next year at the earliest before we get a new set of M4s, AKs and some stupid ass Sci-fi movie gun.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Like KT said, cast stuff in resin is always more pricey (Silicone and Resin is expensive), and Daremo's are one of a kind weapons (custom made) so the artist I imagine gets a cut also.

I think it really depends on what you are into. Do you want weapons that are true to design and scale, The one's Daremo sells and Falcone sells are for you. If you want something that just looks good to your eye, all are good. MJ's product is nice. I like them a lot. I am not a everything must be true scale guy though. I like my Joes toony so MJ's has weapons that are great for me. I love the Pulse rifle for my Cobra troops.

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
I was really pleased with the stuff I got from Marauder. But it's amazing how much money you can rack up with just a few guns and props. Along with their guns, they also part out a lot of the PTE stuff, which is nice if you don't want to buy a whole set, just to get a field radio or an oil drum or a Jerry can or something.

FSB

Enlisted
Jan 27, 2015
thank you all for your opinions and point of view , i think i am going to stick the Daremo's
cause like what meddatron said i am all about that scale