marauder wave 6?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did anyone make an M1 carbine that didn't suck? All I can recall is the useless para/av variant.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is it? Well that sucks a fat one. Could have sworn one of the Marines came with a regular one.

Speaking of, you hear about that 53 that went down in Helmand?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
sure is. that box type scope seems to be on everything I see now. When is this wave coming out?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Desert Eagle: For the man that needs an electron microscope to find his penis®.

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Truer words have never been said. I've only seen one or two at gun shops/shows. Unsuprisingly they're always being fondled by some 300 lb redneck or some 18 year old mall ninja. I've never met anyone that's owned one and enjoyed shooting it. IMI made it as a "why not?".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I might understand one in the smaller calibers, but .50AE?
Still, cheaper than buying a Corvette ZR1 to make up for your micropenis.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I still don't like the ergonomics. The slide is pretty neat though. If they scaled it down to a normal caliber it would probably be a pretty accurate pistol.

True, much cheaper. Although .50 AE is freaking expensive. It's bad when you know a trip to the range is going to cost you 50 bucks in ammo alone.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
The Barrett rifle 50's here cost 6 grand including stand without scope. Am I missing something? Why would you need to put a scope on a 50 cal Desert Eagle. A Barretta, a Glock which is a tactical weapon used by the military, feds and police along with lazer desizgnators I understand. A scope on a Desert Eagle? WTF

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You really don't. I imagine it may be useful for medium game hunting, though. Only real reason I can see to put a scope on a pistol.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Silhouette shooting. It's actually fairly common in competitive shooting. If you do a google search for scoped target pistols, you'll see most are wheel guns. The .50AE round is essentially a revolver round that happens to have a semi-auto pistol designed around it. The DE is really only "good" for competitive target shooting at long distance. Or, as KT said, big game pistol hunting (some jurisdictions don't allow rifle hunting, pistol hunting is allowed though).

As you said, it's too large and heavy to be carried as a combat weapon and the muzzle blast and recoil are ridiculous.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I forgot about silhouette shooting. Got an extended family member who is REALLY into that.

Marauder_John

Enlisted
Jan 28, 2012
www.marauderinc.com
Hey folks!
Thanks for your comments about our new series! Just a couple of quick notes:

The Vector "type" weapon is small and the picture is HUGE. The reduced weapon is only about an inch & half long, but the blownup image is almost 10 inches, so the detail may look weak on the large image but is more crisp when viewed in real size. There were several stock designs and we selected the one that had not been done before and had the most modern aspects.

The Desert Eagle was the MOST requested pistol...ever. There are several versions of that weapon with various barrel lengths. We went with one of the shorter length barrels to attempt o minimize the HUGE size of the pistol and have it also work with most holsters. It is "modular" since most examples we found had a "rail system" with a wide variety of scopes (that way you have the CHOICE of mounting a scope or not).

Modular accessories & clips are removable to keep your options open in weapon configuration. When you get a design you like and you handle your figures frequently, a little dab of glue is suggested for permanent attachment. If you display & don't handle your equpped figures, the weapons usually stay together. In addition, we try to keep our prices affordable so stock pilling modular weapons is not cost prohibitive.

Thanks again for your support and please check out the rest of the Series #6 prototype pictures on the FB page. Remember, if you "like" on facebook, mention with your order and you get an additional bonus item.
MJ

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for joinging the site and sharing your intel John. Please continue to share info on new updates and waves etc.

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
MJ! Keep up the good work, the quality and craftsmanship on all your stuff is top notch, and the prices are amazing. I am so excited for this new wave, I will definitely be purchasing multiples of most of this wave. Can't wait to see what you come out with next (I really hope it includes a Magpul Masada hint hint!)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey folks!
Thanks for your comments about our new series! Just a couple of quick notes:

The Desert Eagle was the MOST requested pistol...ever.

That's because Joe collectors watch too many movies. ;)

Still think I like the Hasbro Vector better.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.319915454713329.71855.130280310343512&type=1
Don't think this has been posted here yet. This thing is a thing of beauty. MJ, you have outdone yourself with. It blows Hasbro's AKM totally out of the water.
I'd like it better if there was a GP-30 to sling under it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, a kind of a lackluster wave. They can't all be homeruns.

Still, there's a guy on HT and JoeCustoms getting into the weapon thing, and he's got a beautiful M14 and FAL done up.

Now if we can get someone to do a shotgun that doesn't have a pistol grip and folding/collapsible stock we'd be in business.