Marvel: Phase Three

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Phase Two is almost over. Use this thread for the next phase.

Phase 3 starts with Ant Man.

Ant Man 7/17/2015

Cap 3 5/6/2016

Doctor Strange 7/8/2016

GOTG 2 7/28/2017

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Can we put the confirmed movies and confirmed dates in first post.

What is confirmed other than Ant Man and A3. Was it Dr strange that got confirmed too?

I found this earlier today.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Not all are MCU movies...but Marvel does have the upper hand all around.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I actually don't like him as a hero...he just doesn't give off a a superhero vibe...he doesn't look at all superhero-y...not statuesque at all...his physique doesn't say superhero...he's short...

I know he doesn't have powers and is just the "bow guy", but I still personally need my superheroes, powered or not, to look like superheroes...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If they are not going to utilize Hawkeye in the movies anymore. They might as well just drop him and put Hawkeye in S.H.I.E.L.D. I know it will never happen, but they are just missing out on a character who I think is great in the animated stuff.

Is he confirmed for A2?

I wouldn't mind the actor change from movie to series.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Right on, thanks Fogger. I try to stay clear of the behind the scenes stuff for the movies. Since my MU knowledge is only from the cartoons, I like the not knowing when I see the movies. I think I enjoy them more.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I do however love speculating on them, with no knowledge of what is planned. lol. I know it sounds dumb, but it reminds me so much of how I looked at movies as a teen where I knew the characters in them. When Burton's Batman was coming out, me and my friends speculated on plots every day at lunch. It was so much fun. We waited in line (I was sunburned as hell too, and it was an outside line) for 2 hours and were awestruck in that theater when it was over. Even with the sunburn, that day is a fond memory. Been trying to recreate that feeling again since and the Avengers gave me that feeling.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If they are not going to utilize Hawkeye in the movies anymore. They might as well just drop him and put Hawkeye in S.H.I.E.L.D. I know it will never happen, but they are just missing out on a character who I think is great in the animated stuff.

Is he confirmed for A2?

I wouldn't mind the actor change from movie to series.

It's too late to use him for TV unless they recast(which I can't fucking stand). I think if they had the choice to redo some decisions, they wouldn't have put Hawkeye in the Avengers movie and saved him for Shield and casted him differently.

As for A2, it should be very interesting. Joss has already gone on record saying that Hawkeye will have a much bigger part in this film and his absence from Cap 2 will be explained.

The main theory is that Hawkeye was on assignment and after shield being compromised, he went his own way. This is most likely going to be in Europe since Von Strucker has a part in A2 and it has been leaked that he has a HQ in Europe and some filming was done in Europe. I'm expecting Fury's small role in the film to be with Hawkeye explaining Shield's current direction and gathering Intel.

As for his absence in Cap 2, there is a few rumors out there that haven't been confirmed and probably never will knowing Marvel. The first one is that Renner was not happy about his role in Avengers and publicly stated a few times that what he did and what he was told before hand was different and he wasn't sure if he was going to continue on with the character. Marvel chose to be quiet on the situation and it appears things were worked out behind the scenes.

Another rumor was that Hawkeye originally had a small role in Cap 2 but was written out before it could be filmed. I believe this rumor will be confirmed in the DVD extras and has been somewhat leaked but I'm not sure. If this is true, he was most likely written out because of the above rumor as they were probably trying to separate themselves from the actor.

anyhoo, this long winded Rex like post doesn't really mean anything. Bottom line I agree that Hawkeye is being mismanaged and I really hope that his role in A2 is good and gives Marvel the confidence to give him his own film. I would much rather get a Hawkeye film then Doctor Strange or the often rumored Black Panther.

He is, we've seen a lot of behind the scenes photos of him in costume already.

Yes and I really dig his costume.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm all for Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel/Warbird/Binary/whateverthehelltheywannacallher showing up. Always liked the character, regardless of what they're calling her.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Hawkeye will be in a2 & cap3.

however the realistic explanation for why he was not in cap2 is because it becomes very problematic for marvel if every character needs to be accounted for in every future marvel movie

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, when you start asking where was so and so, you end up wondering that about EVERY hero...especially in these films where more help would definitely be welcomed...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Hawkeye will be in a2 & cap3.
/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a surprise that he's in A2, as a lot of the leaked photos have had him in it.

He was in one of the original drafts of Cap 2, but was eventually rewritten to Falcon, which worked out a lot better.

I really don't feel the need to know where everyone was during the others movies. I'm not all that worried.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
He could also be playing coy. Marvel studios is notorious for keeping their cards close to their chest. They didn't reveal that Brolin was Thanos until a few weeks before the movie even came out!