Medieval Knight

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Something a little less "Ninja" for a change. :eek:

I reworked an "Ages of Action" Templar Knight to be a generic Knight of the realm. He has a Joe waist with spliced leg tops for better posing. Axe made from styrene, sword scabbard made from micro-canvas, sword made from 2 other swords of which I can't remember where they came from. Anyway... I'm working on a few more Knights to compliment this guy.

Enjoy!

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
How did you paint those bricks? I have some but don't care for the color, I would prefer gray. they can't be spray painted right?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I love it! much better than ninjas and the like.

Thanks, but don't be dissin' the Ninja! :)

How did you paint those bricks? I have some but don't care for the color, I would prefer gray. they can't be spray painted right?

These are black, painted over with Tamiya's "sky grey". I purposely didn't 100% cover the bricks, so it has a more aged/worn look.

You can use spray paint on these bricks, but you should use a floral spray.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Black? hmm, mine are a desert kinda color. I know they are pretty much the same one I have though.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Oh sure. I picked mine up around Halloween, hence the black version.

So maybe paint the sand bricks with a black or dark grey, then lightly go over with a lighter grey. Should get a similar effect.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks man! I'm probably not even gonna use it for any 1:18 stuff. My Sauron needs a display dio and I'm getting some ideas.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Holy Shit!!!

That looks incredible! I know you like ninja's but this is way cooler!

I can't stop looking at it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
fantastic Obi!...nice job on his weapons and sheath?...sheith?...shieth?...f*@# it, sword holder! :D

and the little dio is bada$$ in its own right...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks great.

Fairly certain his broad sword is from the Palisades Army of Darkness line.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Looks great.

Fairly certain his broad sword is from the Palisades Army of Darkness line.

Thanks, and nope... I have the AoD sword that resembles the one I "made" - very different handles and pommels.

I found it. It's the hilt from this Papo fig, combined with another blade.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden

i just want to throw this out there. you can go to sherwin williams paint store and get any color you want in a sample qt for 5 bucks, that qt will last forever for dios. you have to ask them to make it in a sample, a regular qt is a bit pricey. it's latex, so painting these brick should be fine, as the oil sprays will most likely melt the foam. it's a cheap alternitive for painting dio's.

and another thing i would toss out there. if you want to spray and not brush, you can pick up this spray kit, it has a propeller, it's called preval, it allows you to spray any kind of paint you want, latex, oil, shellac, polly, whatever you want, just read the instructions on how to cut the material and with what to cut that specific material with..

i used this on my snow dio, and i used benny moore cieling white.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Great work! Now get that knight from the Indiana Jones line and have a face-off.