Merit Jet watch 2013!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Since we're passed Toyfair.. figured we might as well have a dedicated thread.

From pushing and prodding from our own Beeavision and others.. we've got some info already.. though it doesn't really help us figure out what the new jet is going to be.

They've allegedly already confirmed the FW-190 is going to be rereleased by JSI.. but we don't have a price or promised time frame.

So far we KNOW for sure (kinda):

It's "semi-modern"
It's a "single seater"
It's a "single engine" jet
It's coming in "American Markings"

.. what else? What could it be? A F-5? F-35?

These details rule out the A-10, F-4, F-15, F-22..

birddog

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 23, 2011
A Harrier is a single cockpit, somewhat modern, single engine aircraft flown by the USMC.......it only has 4 exhaust ducts......;)

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Ding ding. I think we have a winner!

birddog

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 23, 2011
I think what I'm saying was just confirmed on Small Scale by Jim at Merit.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah, apparently there were three other members who came out and suggested it was a twin engine aircraft before I even listed it among the clues given based on time & date. The one post I believe that fooled me the most was a comment made by Jim earlier that included a quote by another member stating a twin engine design which ended up blurring into what Jim actually had said just below that. I guess all the excitement got the best of me. :D

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
One of the great aspects of a Harrier is indeed the fact it needs no runaway to get off the ground. So when setting up dios you can place it in the middle of the scene somewhere and it wouldn't necessary look completely out of place.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Cool by me!!! I will take a Harrier as long as its not a redonkulous price. I remember Marine Corps Harriers flying overhead when I was deployed for Allied Force. Good God are those things LOUD!!!!
Now are we going to get the night attack, AV-8A or B model, the Plus model? Hmmm Would like to see a Litening pod, couple sidewinders, 25mm cannon, and a couple of dumb bombs mounted underneath. Maybe seperate sets of munitions for ground attack or air attack roles? That'd be pretty badass.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
One of the great aspects of a Harrier is indeed the fact it needs no runaway to get off the ground. So when setting up dios you can place it in the middle of the scene somewhere and it wouldn't necessary look completely out of place.

Unless they make the nozzles static. ;)

Eh, it's cool, but it's not "shut up and take my money" cool. I look forward to someone sacking-up and doing one in a British livery, however.

Guess it's back to 3-4 years of waiting for a new mold.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
This reminds me of situation that took place many years back over a Pepsi ad that suggested the possibility of owning a real Harrier if enough Pepsi tabs were collected during the contest. Some restaurant owner was able to collect like 7 million or so tabs and took Pepsi to court when they refused to hand over the jet stating it was just a gimmick to get people interested. That and the fact that the Harrier is completely off limits for private ownership/use and only the US government has the authority to had it over which they decline to do obviously. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n5SNrMaL8

Sure beats the bus. lol

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
i think this was a safe choice for them being a smaller jet and new mold. This will allow them to test the waters on new stuff without having to create something big and expensive. Plus, the harrier is well known and has a "cool" factor to many people including kids.

If this fails to sell well, then I believe they will admit the 1:18 market is truly dead or at least for anything new.

But, on the same note, if this thing sells well or even exceeds their expectations, then they may visit the wishlist of many collectors. (A-10, Russian aircraft, etc)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We have a guy here in the states with a Sea Harrier, and I bet you could talk the Indians out of one, too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's not dead, it's just starting to get priced out of everyone's comfort zone...I'm very much into 1:18 product...I'm NOT into the prices especially when it's not something I NEED...now, if they make things I really really want, they cost can be justified...make an A-10 and $300 is much easier for me and many many others to accept...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
This reminds me of situation that took place many years back over a Pepsi ad that suggested the possibility of owning a real Harrier if enough Pepsi tabs were collected during the contest. Some restaurant owner was able to collect like 7 million or so tabs and took Pepsi to court when they refused to hand over the jet stating it was just a gimmick to get people interested. That and the fact that the Harrier is completely off limits for private ownership/use and only the US government has the authority to had it over which they decline to do obviously. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n5SNrMaL8

Sure beats the bus. lol

I remember that commercial. I can't believe how dated it looks.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's confirmed to be the AV-8B, no further speculation required.