Midget's Acid Rain World Contest Entry

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Nicolai
It. Never. Stops. Raining. Never. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a pair of dry socks. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have to start and end each day with a de-con wash. This shit stinks. Like… what fish used to smell like. Rotten ones. I think my face is permanently stained a gray-black. Fucking rain.

I’m tired of waiting for these assholes. Twenty-four hour insert, designate the LZ for the airborne division laurels, exfiltrate. I’ve been here going on forty-eight. I’ve got this giant damn radio… do I get a “delayâ€￾ flash? F-no. Let the pathfinder deal. "Low-cost-low-drag-stay-on-target-get-the-job-done". Nothing in the job description about “hungry-cold-wet-and-bitchyâ€￾.

I don’t even know why we’re inserting here in the first place. No Soil Ghost activity in weeks. Unless there’s a new coffee route opening up. Which means fuck-all to me. That goes straight to the politicians. At least we’ll get more ammo and… maybe… if we’re lucky…some dry damn socks with the convoys. Odd that they’re using the airborne to open a convoy route...

I still haven’t figured out why the airborne needs a pathfinder in the first damn place. Just drop a marker, drop the airborne. Simple. Instead, I get dropped out here, on my own, to mark the DZ with the designator. Then either hump back to our lines with the aforementioned huge-radio, designator and typer, rifle (broke the fucking sling in the drop), binos, ammo, chow, web gear, miscellaneous crap (no dry socks) and the ever-permanent helmet-mask and poncho, or I get a pick up. The latter almost never happens.

Dammit I wish they would hurry up and drop so I can hump back to the line.

Attachments

• CSC_1307.JPG
    CSC_1307.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 71
  • CSC_1308.JPG
    CSC_1308.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
And here's the recipe, for those interested:

Dollar store General Shipwreck
Poncho/Helmet- Dragon 1/18th-ish static figure
Radio- Star Wars Endor Rebel Trooper
Weapon- GI Joe Retaliation Duke w/suppressor
Webgear- POC Snake-Eyes
Gas mask- 7-pack Wet Suit
Misc equipment- Random fodder parts in the bin

Paints: Mostly Tamiya acrylics, shot through a Iwata airbrush, then touched up with Vallejo paints after a Future floor polish sealant. All finished off with a dull coat seal.

Attachments

• CSC_1306.jpg
    CSC_1306.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Whoa!...I'm very much digging that camo! :thumbsup:

It makes the build look really cool, especially with the cloak...

Thanks Eddie. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I didn't notice the contest till two days ago, so getting it all together in 72 hours was kind of a cool challenge.

Awesome work, and the story along with it makes it ten times cooler. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't care what anyone says, that bio is a fucking winner.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's good, and simply reads "right". My original bio was actually in the form of an interview with a veteran. It would likely have been better than the figure. :D

I have to tell you of my nerd rage when I saw you used the exact same Dragon zeltbahn that I'm using. :D

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Hahaha, I actually thought about that... "I bet KT was going to use at least one of these parts". You're getting predictable, sir!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey, those zelts are criminally underutilized in general, and I think that they should be standard equipment for WWII era-based AR customs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Totally agree. Wish there was a digi poncho-liner in this scale.

Wonder if you could make one out of a piece of 1:6 kit? I know the pattern wouldn't be to scale, but would it look good?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking more along the lines of a blouse.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Oooh... wasn't even thinking that way. Hmm... I'll have to look at one of my 1/6th Joes and determine if there's enough material there. Then order a blouse from ebay or somewhere.

I could probably turn some trouser legs into some neat looking puttees. Which would look awesome on an ACW figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was just thinking this morning of using a set of Ult. Storm Shadow lower legs on an ARW figure. For whatever reason I'm a total mark for puttees.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I thought you might be. I'd like to do an ACW figure in the style of a German trench raider. I need to look through my parts box and see what I can come up with.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought you might be. I'd like to do an ACW figure in the style of a German trench raider. I need to look through my parts box and see what I can come up with.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I should take a pic of the head I've got going for it. There's already a shot of most of the accessories I'm utilizing floating around.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wish there was a 1:18 katzbalger. I want to class up the melee armament of the average trench raider.

Though trench clubs in general would be DAMN easy to pull off.

Nice!
Maybe I was thinking of K-T's robo-Jerry

Yeah, I did a pair of those based off the proto-IG 88 droid.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, my sniper.

Think I've stripped the accessories off of him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere down the road I may do a "better" one.