Mr. Black's customs: introduction for F118th :)

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Hello, I recently joined and would like to showcase some of my work. For those who don't know me, I'm an old guy from Holland who got the customizing bug in early 2006.

I've mainly been focusing on Star Wars customs, but I've been working on quite a few non-SW themes as well.

My greatest talent is not finishing my projects. But sometimes I manage to actually complete a custom or two, as you can see here:

(oops, Marvel Legends figure... )

(double oops, 1/32 scale... )

I used to be known as Incom, but changed my callsign to Mr. Black some time ago.

I'm active on quite a few customizing forums, but mainly use my Facebook page to post regular updates:

https://www.facebook.com/mrblackscustoms

I'll soon add a sithload of WIP pictures. Should I post those here, or start a separate WIP thread?

In any case, thanks for checking out my work.

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Hey. All right! Welcome to the 118th! If you want to do it all in one thread, I don't think anyone will care, SO LONG as it's 1/18th scale! Dudes here will generally start a new thread for a new completed project, but some have a single thread for all their projects. Also make sure the guns on your figures aren't out of scale, or prepare for the lashing you will take. Some of the dudes here pretty hardcore about the scale of things being accurate. All in all it's a good place to speak your mind and get an honest opinion.

You should post up a few more pics of that chopped up spider droid. there are some gents here that would get a kick out of it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
also like already said. Probably a good idea to have a customs thread, then a WIP thread and then post new customs in a brand new thread showing that particular custom off.

It's always nice having just a general custom thread showing off some of your older work that many of the members have probably never seen like me :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
... For those who don't know me, I'm an old guy from Holland...

HAH!...fantastic!...though, now I can only read your posts in Gold Members voice :D

Really digging the female ATAT driver...and your paint work in general looks really nice and clean...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Now that's a helluvan entrance. Welcome to the 118th!

Enjoy your Stay the hell away from Eddie and you'll be fine.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Really like that Scarlett At-At driver. Very nicely done! Your paintwork is great on all of them. I really like the little dios you did as well. Very nice touch!

Great introduction to the site!!

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Yeah... me and "Incom" go way back, from Rebelscum days.

And I won't give you too much shit for scales of weapons. :D

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Incom....Incom...That's a name I haven't heard in a long time...a long time.

Glad to see you're still kicking around. Fantastic work as usual.

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Thanks again, guys!

Yeah, picture frames are great for the dioramas I tend to make.

Those ridiculously big Joe weapons are great as well. There's a guy at ISY.net called TheSpectre, who uses these to create awesome diorama pieces. And I think LukeSprywalker does too, not sure though.

Who's this guy now? I told you guys you need to close that door...

Too late now. Unless an admin comes to his/her/its senses... :wave:

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
This is a follow up from the same client who commissioned the Twi'lek smuggler. Turned out to be a very fun project to work on, with quite a bit more sculpting than anticipated at first.

Rachi Sitra is a Twi'lek character from the SW Galaxies Trading Card game: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rachi_Sitra

Parts used:
- ROC Cover girl: head, sculpted lekku / arms, sculpted sleeves and gauntlets / lower body, sculpted waist band
- 25th. Scarlett: upper body, resculpted
- ROC Baroness: legs
- TAC Juno Eclipse: feet
- various pieces of Jedi softgoods
- lightsaber from the parts bin, blade and hilt connect with neo magnets

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Back in 2010 I made a commissioned diorama of the duel between Darth Malgus and Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Later on, I was asked to make another Ven Zallow and last year again someone wanted me to make a custom figure of this character.

Version 3 is quite different from the first two. The client wanted quite a few changes, most notably on the armour. This is the reference pic:

And this is the custom figure:

Parts used:
- Resolute Duke: head, resculpted the hair
- ROC Duke in RIA suit: upper body, upper arms. Custom made chest belt, sculpted device
- ROC Ripcord in RIA suit: shoulder armour (connects with neo magnets), lower arms (sculpted gauntlets), hands
- 25th Destro Iron Grenadier: lower body, sculpted armour
- 25th Zartan: upper legs, sculpted armour
- Cobra Commander in Battle Armour: knees
- 25th Wraith: lower legs, feet
- Order 66 Mace Windu: cloak w/shortened sleeves
- lightsaber from the parts bin, blade and hilt connect with neo magnets

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Another long break, but now that summer's over I have picked up the pace again. First up is a custom action figure of a friend of mine. This idea just came up a while ago and once I started working on the figure, it came along just perfectly. She has three cats, for which I used Playmobil cats. I'm happy to say she was very pleasantly surprised by my gift :)