Mr. Black's Works In Progress

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Like I mentioned in my customs thread I'm quite skillful at starting projects all the time and hardly finishing any of them.

So, here's a Works In Progress thread. I'll probably update this more often than my customs thread ;)

Alright, first up, my Afro Samurai project!

Next up, this Heavy Mandalorian, based on this:

(He's not holding some giant ice hammer, that's a photo clip...)

On to Darksiders, a favourite game of mine (along with Darksiders 2). First up.... Ulthane, the Black Hammer, smithee o'the Gods and all that. Don't google 'black hammer' with safety turned off, though.

Reference shot:

First sculpting stages, many, many eons ago:

Most recent stage:

And yes, that weapon is pretty much 1:18 scale...

Then it's on to Death, main character in Darksiders 2. I actually started working on Death before anything at all was revealed about DS2. I only had a concept image to go by. Guess the plus side of procrastination is that I now have 3D rendered images like this to go by:

Death, Ulthane and what will eventually be War, standing side by side:

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
SW Samurai Royal Guard based on this:

Speeder Bike Chase diorama. Looooooong overdue!

I'm also working on Oliver "Arrow" Queen, based on the character from the TV series. Can't find any recent WIP pics of him though....

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, though :p

Last edited:

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
Damn fine work here! I think we all suffer from to many ideas in our heads with too little time or too many other ideas taking over!

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys. I've been asked to make a third version of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Already posted a bit in the workbench thread.

I've been steadily building up Ven Zallow's armour, which is almost complete. Only need to sculpt some raised areas to the arms and sculpt the abdomen armour and belt.

Also started on yet another new project :lol:

Reference shot:

Early WIP by me:

Inspired by the Mexican 501st Skull Garrison: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.220948274728416.1073741830.135084339981477&type=3

Monte Williams

Geek Creek Kitbasher
Apr 17, 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
www.flickr.com
Man alive, I envy people who can sculpt. This is some stellar work, man.

I took a sculpting class in college back in the 1400s, and I was pretty good at it for a novice; my sculpture of Uncle Sam from the Steve Darnall/Alex Ross comic was featured in Toyfare.

With no access to an oven outside the classroom, I abandoned clay sculpture when the class ended, and never really explored Super Sculpey and the like.

Now I wish I'd stuck with it. Awesome work!

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys and thanks for your feedback, Monte Williams. I tend to sculpt a lot more than a couple of years ago. I'm still learning though. I love sculpting armour addons, but need to practice more on things like clothing and organic shapes.

Anyway, here's another one I'm working on. Also one that involves a lot more sculpting than I anticipated.