Nacho photo booth

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Over the last couple of years, I amassed several of the Extreme Set pop-up dioramas, but I never had the space or time to build them or take some pics. But on this fine Father's Day weekend, I remedied that to a small degree. I built the cabin which is cool b/c you can use the interior and/or exterior, unlike some sets that are one or the other only. Hopefully I'll have time to build others and post in this thread periodically. Enjoy!

extreme_resize-2.jpg

extreme_resize-7.jpg

extreme_resize-11.jpg

extreme_resize-13.jpg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
They're just heavy cardboard. Not exactly cheap, but they really make toy photography less about set construction (which I appreciate) and more about trying to tell a story. The 1:12 sets are friggin' massive.... I have 11 of them, and it's a good thing you can disassemble and flatten them back out.

I have these:
W3 - NELA Level 6
W4 - Asylum
W5 - Elevator Hallway
W5 - Gas Station
W6 - Abandoned House 1.5
W7 - Building 3.0
W7 - Building 4.0
W7 - Sewer 2.0
W7 - Sector 7 Docking Bay
W8 - Cabin
W8 - Building 5.0 (Arcade)

The Buildings are great for street-level shots. The Asylum is creepy for a prison, arkham, or evil hospital. The Cabin is awesome, as the minute I saw it, I knew Zartan would be hanging out in there... when he's not at the Gas Station pop-up (I just wish the gas station had insides too). Sector 7 is super versatile too, as it works for a high-tech HQ, a space station, really anything futuristic/sci-fi.

I just wish I had more room to have them all assembled at once!

Fan Shots – Extreme-Sets - Their fan shots inspire me to try new things, get creative with the lighting and angles, and even introduce me to figures I didn't know existed. I always get jazzed up about taking some shots when the newsletter comes each week with new pics.

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I have the 1/18th bar & while it is usable I found things like the door don’t scale well as if it were made for larger figures. How do the other sets compare to the 4” figures?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I have the 1/18th bar & while it is usable I found things like the door don’t scale well as if it were made for larger figures. How do the other sets compare to the 4” figures?
All of my sets are 1:12, so I can't really say. I find all the 1:12 dios to scale very well to 6-7 inch figures, but I don't have the bar set to give you an apples-to-apples comparison.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Love it! Arise, Serpentor! Arise! You recreated the pinnacle of GI Joe’s popularity there!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The customizability of the valaverse Action Force figures is really spectacular. They're easy to disassemble, their parts are all compatible, and their noggins are both the size/scale and neck construction of a large number of Marvel Legends.

Can't say any of that about Classified. And I can't wait forever for Hasbro to dribble out the O13 and some other favorites, especially as hit and miss as they are. I'll try to get some dio action shots in the next few weeks, but I couldn't wait to get pics of these up as much work as has been going into them. :)

Also, props to Valaverse and Grid Iron for much of the gear that really gives them a ton of detail and sets each character apart.

AF01.jpg

AF02.jpg

AF03.jpg

AF04.jpg

AF09.jpg

AF10.jpg

AF11.jpg

AF12.jpg

AF15.jpg

AF18.jpg

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Excellent recreations! I honestly don’t know much about them, but they match the pics better than most H’bro figs do!