Never thought I'd want a Twilight toy...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
1:18th Scale 63 Chevy

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GLT10024&mode=retail&picture=out

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
*chokes on drink and spits it everywhere*

SIXTY DOLLARS?!!!

WTF?!

Is it cool?...hell yes!...but not $60 cool...I'm not sure who to tell to f*@# themselves, BBTScalpers or the manufacturer or both...probably both...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
That's a pretty average price for mid-grade 1:18 diecasts. You've got Maisto & Bburago @ $30-40 and Kyosho & Exoto at $100-200. This is by Greenlight, and they along with Sunstar, Welly, Anson, Autoworld and several others are in between.

Would I pay that for an old truck diecast? Not unless I had a really big plan for it, but the price is not out of the ordinary. So while I wouldn't pay it, I don't think they are scalping anyone at that price. That's probably close to MSRP.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I've seen highly priced diecast too, GMP and Autoart come to mind, i even have a few...but they are typically high end, very detailed models...this doesnt feel like that at all...so it has muddy paint apps, big deal...a "dirty version" General Lee came out a few years ago and it wasn't as ridiculously priced as this...are they just trying to capitalize on Twilight popularity?...though I wouldn't think the female market of Twilight would be interested in this...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
didn't say I was going to buy it, just that I actually had the thought that I would want to buy a twilight toy (aside from the Edward, Jacob, and Bella Barbies I bought for myse....my daughter).

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I wasn't commenting on the quality of the sculpt or the paint job, but it's not a crazy price for a Greenlight 1:18 diecast. I have to assume that it'll be of higher quality than a bburago or maisto.

But I do agree that it doesn't seem to fit any major demographic. No (self-respecting) man would want to buy a twilight toy unless there were plans for a custom of some kind, and I don't know many girls/women that would buy a $60 diecast even if it is tangentially associated with their favorite sparkley vampire book/movie. Who the f@#$ is this supposed to appeal to?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Hah, the Truck that almost runs down what's her face (Rifftrax make the films almost justified in existing)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Diecast Wholesale has it for 55. Nacho's points on pricing are completely spot-on.
That said, it's fairly useless outside of a photo/display backdrop.

And if you think that's expensive, look up the going retail on a AutoArt WWII Willys jeep.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
And if you think that's expensive, look up the going retail on a Welly WWII Willys jeep.

You mean the one Ewok sold me for $25?!

Question: Are there going to be 1:18th scale figures that fit into it? (custom fodder) If not can this thing fit a Joe? If not you can get something similar at Hobby Lobby.

Most of the time Joes will not fit into them. The torsos are very tall, so you practically have to take the bottom part of the seat out, and most likely have to cut away part of the floorboard and pedals to make room for the feet. Joes just don't squish and hunker down like a real person would.

I have several 1:18th diecasts that I plan to ruin with modifications to fit figures, but each one is probably a little different.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not Welly, AutoArt! AutoArt!

Retreating blade stall on my part.

Question: Are there going to be 1:18th scale figures that fit into it? (custom fodder) If not can this thing fit a Joe? If not you can get something similar at Hobby Lobby.

Not likely and Not much of a chance without major gutting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Willys they did was is a work of art. It ain't no 1:18 F-14, though....

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
That's maybe a $30 truck.

yeah. that and it looks like it's been drivin through sh!t .. literally.

I can't want it no matter how 1:18 compatible it is. Heck if I didn't get the A-Team van, I know I'm not gonna get this.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder