New Joe movie Toys

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Yes i’m Bored.

If they finally release a new Joe movie. How big do you think the toy release will be?

I know we are are all hoping for a ROC level toy release with a great film

But will Joe take a back seat to SW & we will get reissues of older toys.

What would you like to see made?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
At this point, reissues would be one of the better case scenarios. I expect something on the order of 5 POA figures with neon colored weapons and backpacks for $12 a pop.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
At this point it's hard telling what they might have in mind. I wouldn't think 5poa would be in the mix, as that's never been part of the history of Joe like it has with SW. If anything we might get either a very limited range of figures (4 or 5), or nothing at all. Unlike all the other properties that Hasbro has built themselves on, they are now treating Joe like a red-headed step child.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hopefully they have a good plan in mind.. I have no clue why they always put out a shit Wave 1 with terrible figures and then followed it up with actually good figures that half the time never made it to shelves.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I think that has more to do with WM and the ilk over-ordering the initial waves to guarantee they have stock when the "gotta be first" launch hype hits. The problem comes when they flood the market with w1 and forget to order or stock subsequent waves. That's how you end up with billions of pegwarming neo-vipers.

I'm sure Hasbro would be happy to produce less of the initial wave if it meant more orders for later ones and a sustainable, popular line. But as it stands, we drown in w1, struggle to find w2-4 in dribs and drabs, and then cancellation and clearance to Five Below. Rinse, repeat.

I firmly place the blame on the big retailers. Hasbro can't control what WM insists they produce. And they can't make/sell new waves if all their retail partners are swimming in old stock. Obviously someone was very overly optimistic about ROC, and we're still paying for that mistake a decade later.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like it's on Hasbro for continuing to put out shitty W1 though. I mean after a time or two where you see what retail is doing, wouldn't you ensure that first wave you put out was as hot shit as you could make it? If retailers order a ton of the best figures and they all sell.. everyone wins!

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
Joe toys at mass retail are going to be those shit 5 POA 12" junktraps they package in bulk lots (Avengers, Spidershit, WTF-ever new damn Marvel movie is out this week) with impossible-to-find reissue 50th stuff (read what WOULD have been TRU exclusive but now ends up an some online dealer's line that when said dealer's stock is exhausted five years later, boatloads of "warehouse finds" will find their way to the secondary market, just like the POC figures still selling NEW on eBay ) . GI Joe needs a 3rd party bootleg revival. Right now, HasTak is being led around by the nose with TF's by the 3rd party guys.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Joe toys at mass retail are going to be those shit 5 POA 12" junktraps they package in bulk lots (Avengers, Spidershit, WTF-ever new damn Marvel movie is out this week) with impossible-to-find reissue 50th stuff (read what WOULD have been TRU exclusive but now ends up an some online dealer's line that when said dealer's stock is exhausted five years later, boatloads of "warehouse finds" will find their way to the secondary market, just like the POC figures still selling NEW on eBay ) . GI Joe needs a 3rd party bootleg revival. Right now, HasTak is being led around by the nose with TF's by the 3rd party guys.
You are not lying. 2018 has been a phenomenal year for Transformers on the shelf with Skyfire being a direct copy of FansToys and Omega definitely being forced by the third parties. Unfortunately there is no worldwide desire for Joes, so bootlegs just do not see profitable.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently the rumor is that a 1:12 Joe line is coming.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I saw that too. I'll be looking forward to toyfair this year. Of course I always look forward to it, but I always expect to be disappointed. This year, it'll be a surprise when I get disappointed!

As with most good toy announcements, my biggest problem is the small mountain of toys (Marvel Legends) I've amassed with the sole purpose of making my own custom 6" Joes. This line would make that a VERY expensive pile of trash. But I keep telling myself that's a sunk cost either way, so I'll gladly take some well-done ultimate 6" ARAH Joes.

Reactions: Mistermarks101

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, worst case, you can make a better set of 1:12 Joes with the extra parts you have.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The line up of figures is definitely lopsided.

Can’t wait until they retool the Skystriker to fit the 6” figs. Just add a huge bubble canopy.

1579025451563.jpg

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Destro before Storm Shadow??? Whaaaaa? Bogus.

I hope that's just part of the lineup.

Where's mah armah buildahs doe???

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wait, you've got a property with dubious long term prospects, and your lead-off villain release is Destro?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
One can make a convincing argument that Destro is really the villain of the franchise. He's far more intelligent and capable than Cobra commander. However, he's more aristocrat entrepreneur than ambitious terrorist. Ultimately, I suspect the Joes are more afraid of him than CC.

Regardless, I'm sure they're trying not to shoot their whole wad in the first wave, so they'll save Cobra Commander, Flint, Stalker, and a blue trooper for wave 2. It's far from tragic. Even on a property with limited shelf life, there is zero chance of not getting a second wave (assuming we're actually getting a first one).

Reactions: Mistermarks101