next sdcc-will you pre-order, go to con, or hts to get them?

what will you do

• go to sdcc

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • use hasbro toy shop

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • pre-order

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • who cares about exclusives!

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
just wondering after this year, what will you do to get your grubby hands on next years sdcc exclusives?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Most of the preorders I saw were set up to protect the seller, They were dated so that if you didnt get it. your dispute couldnt happen. No way, thats like playing craps, and i dont gamble. I would preorder from a real online store. i actually did this year, but cancelled it once i knew for sure i could get one cheaper.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
for now I don't know what I'll do. It just depends on if they do anoth skystrike or another classic vehicle. I don't collect the new figures, so for now I'm going with the last option(who cares about exclusives)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It also depends on the exclusive. If it's a figure I don't give a shit about, then I won't even bother.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Next year I hope to finally make it to SDCC (after 4 years, this year I was planning on it, but their stupid ticket system kept crashing each time and I gave up after 6 different attempts).

But even then, I'm not sure if I'll want to spend the entire day in line for something I can get for $30 on eBay. If I go though, I may do the entire show, so by Saturday I may be tired anyways, so wasting a day may not matter. That's sort of a toss-up, and depends on how I'm feeling.

I doubt I'll do the preorder again. I paid $50 to "guarantee" a pink one off eBay, and now they're listing at around $30. So I was stupid on that, but it's alright.

BBTS was the best deal this year, if you ask me. Who knows if they can score it again next year?

And yeah, it depends on what the exclusive item is. If it's ROC2-tied, I probably won't want it, just like I skipped on the Destro 2-pack.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
pre-order always...not worth the headache to me to do otherwise

I totally agree. I would've done that for starscream, but now is not the time as I'm going to baltimore so I could use the $. Oh well, I'll still eventually get one. But yeah I'd rather spend $45 on a figure than waste my time to try to get one of hts with no guaruntee, too many headaches.