Ninja Tweaks

PlastikAdiktion

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2013
Some ninja tweaks that are on my shelf for now, tried a different background as well

Attachments

• Trio.jpg
    Trio.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Double.jpg
    Double.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 19

PlastikAdiktion

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2013
You hit the mark! I just got my hands on the camera about a week ago, just a lot a fun trying different things. If my skills permit it, I will do a dio (saw awesome tutorial for building front) but want to finish some figures first a see how it goes. Got a couple of bodies done, but painting is still an issue for now. Addictive hobby, I gota be careful

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Very addictive hobby. Might I suggest focusing on washes and drybrushing first with painting. Neither requires a steady hand, just a good eye for color. Wash first, drybrush second. They really make a figure pop.

PlastikAdiktion

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2013
Looking into the washes online, saw a few ready in the bottle and some tips to make from scratch. Any brand recommendation? just working with acrylic paint from michaels for now. Thanks

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I like model masters acryl but can't stand how quickly they go bad. The Citadel paints are amazing.

PlastikAdiktion

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2013
Have seem the brand Citadel in a few tutorials, gonna look for that one.
By the way, bought some of your 3D stuff, led me to this site! and looking forward to try them out. Great stuff.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Thank you. I'm hoping that by the end of the year I'll have a bunch molded and casted.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I make my own washes. The Michael's acrylic (Applebarrell maybe?) will work. Just water it down. Might want to practice on a crap figure till you get the thickness good. I always try to err on too watery instead of too much paint. Doing a second wash is easier than stripping paint.

I have read some people use Windex to water theirs down. I do not, just water. I think MMorelock did a quick tutorial on washes here. http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=4639 Do the wash before the drybrush though like Eddie says in the thread.