OBL Test Shots

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Doing some quick OBL Test shots. Trying to gather a plan for the banner contest. Have limited resources and just sharing some prelim pics. Have very little experience with pic taking and dios. Looking for honest feedback.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
the ones from the lower angels look better IMO...and i like the blood, but you need a bettter medium...the poses look really good though

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Is that candle wax you used for blood? The last shot would probably be more of the angle I would shoot for. You don't want too much light on everything and should try to either even it out or make a small source to act like a lamp or something.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
the ones from the lower angels look better IMO...and i like the blood, but you need a bettter medium...the poses look really good though

I agree. I also like the low angle and the straight shots the best. Thanks.

The poses are good. Blood is a little light, but i am guessing that is part of the test. I think your going in the right direction though.

Thanks. Yeah the blood is alil too light. It's darker in person but it's much lighter in the pic. Do you think I should skip the blood?

Is that candle wax you used for blood? The last shot would probably be more of the angle I would shoot for. You don't want too much light on everything and should try to either even it out or make a small source to act like a lamp or something.

The blood is this cheap twilight spray blood that i found at party city in clearance. It's actually ment to go in your mouth :eek:

I agree that there is too much light in some of them, especially with the white background. I also like the last pic but it feels somewhat out of focus. Thanks for the feedback.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011

I agree. The lower angle shots make it seem more real.. if that makes sense

Oh and what's "OBL"?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I agree. The lower angle shots make it seem more real.. if that makes sense

Oh and what's "OBL"?

haha, yes it does actually. I can't put my finger on it but the lower angle shots do look better.

Osama Bin Laden.

The June banner contest is OBL themed in honor of the Navy Seals and America :D

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
or if figures were real size.

99% of my shots are eye level. I prefer that angle as I try to makes my shots as if it's taken by a journalist or team member.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
cause it looks more natural...image where your eyelevel would be if you were that small

or if figures were real size.

99% of my shots are eye level. I prefer that angle as I try to makes my shots as if it's taken by a journalist or team member.

completely agree. Not really sure why I didn't think of that :)

My next batch of test shots, I'm going to spend more time on the angles.