October Guard Con Exclusive, Your Thoughts

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
What do you think of Hasbro releasing the October Guard as a Con exclusive and not through online distributors like Small Joes or Big Bad Toy Store? In my opinion this was yet again a Hasbro marketing mistake. By making it a Con exclusive few will be made and the prices for it will be astronomical. Where as if they went through online distributors more would have been made and Hasbro would have made more money through sales volume.The October Guard is one of Hasbro's hottest properties! What do you think?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well, I look at it this way...they need to make some figures exclusives for these shows...so one way or another, someone isn't gonna be happy about who they choose...their best bet is to choose more slightly obscure characters so as not to piss off too many fans...and I'd prefer they not do well known characters like Jinx or Sarge :(...Kwinn would, in all honesty, be a great candidate for an exclusive, even though I'd hate the hoops we'd all have to jump thru to get him...

I could also see them doing something dumb like the twins in EE suits even though that would be a gold mine at retail...

Basically, like I said, someone will always be pissed, but they have to do someone, and they have to do someone who will sell tickets...whether or not we have to sell our first born child to get the sets 2nd hand is not of their concern...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is K-Tiger happy they're being wasted on the Club? No

Are they gonna suck balls? Yes

Does K-Tiger think that at least the original OG deserve the PoC treatment? Yes

Is K-Tiger gonna make a Daina that's easily better than the Club's? *Sarah Palin* You betcha *end Sarah Palin*

Is K-Tiger gonna continue to refer to himself in the thrid person? Maybe.....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*The K-Tiger's Eyebrow!*

Anyhow, I reckon I better bite the bullet and pick up another WInter Soldier at retail, and start reasearching Soviet camo patterns.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I look at it this way...they need to make some figures exclusives for these shows...so one way or another, someone isn't gonna be happy about who they choose...their best bet is to choose more slightly obscure characters so as not to piss off too many fans...and I'd prefer they not do well known characters like Jinx or Sarge :(...Kwinn would, in all honesty, be a great candidate for an exclusive, even though I'd hate the hoops we'd all have to jump thru to get him...

I could also see them doing something dumb like the twins in EE suits even though that would be a gold mine at retail...

Basically, like I said, someone will always be pissed, but they have to do someone, and they have to do someone who will sell tickets...whether or not we have to sell our first born child to get the sets 2nd hand is not of their concern...

:goodone:

I agree with Eddie 100%. That's the answer.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
First off, this isn't hasbro, if you want to blame anybody with this blame the club

Secondly this better be O-ring!

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Sorry, didn't know it wasn't Hasbro but the club. However, Hasbro had to give the ok to club to do this since they own the intellectual property rights.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
First off, this isn't hasbro, if you want to blame anybody with this blame the club

Secondly this better be O-ring!

It's not gonna be. I kind of feel bad for O-ring guys. That's what the club SHOULD be doing.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Sorry, didn't know it wasn't Hasbro but the club. However, Hasbro had to give the ok to club to do this since they own the intellectual property rights.
no it's cool, Hasbro only allows these to be licensed, just making sure blame goes to the source
It's not gonna be. I kind of feel bad for O-ring guys. That's what the club SHOULD be doing.

agreed, the club said they may use o-ring molds for the last time but I highly doubt it, would be cool though, even if they only did the para drop figure or a vehicle driver, just something. But then you'd get those dickwads that'd spend their whole basement dwelling life complaining that it was an o-ring figure, not even caring to think of how many 25th style figures are produced per year, compared to the zero o-ring style figures for us ARAH guys.

But anyway, that's just my personal thoughts

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the only comfort o-ringers can take is that there are guys doing o-ring kits. It's a small group, but it's something.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
not really, the only custom o-ring kits I'm aware of that are out there currently are the ones from the slayer o-ring subscription, which is 5 figures a year. Luckily I still have a few hundred int'l figures I want so for the forseeable future I have no lack of figure needs, so I don't have much of a right to complain

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com

i have to agree with little eddie here. though i do believe some of the choices hasbro has made as exclusives are bad ie zarana, jinx, the srg. they clubs only hope is to make these kind of teams as they need something big to get ppl in the door to buy them. as they will not make oring figs anymore.

so it makes sense as i dont think hasbro had any plans to make this team anyway as they are stuck making the main line up more then some off the wall ones. hasbro does give us a bone here and there but for the most part is the same main line up.

i wish hasbro would release kwinn and the others that got cut from the 30anny/25th/ res/ line up for the movie line or put them in the movie line up or a box set for BBTS or any other online store so we can get them. as im not to impressed with the movie line up and lack of articulation on some of them. there is only 4 i want out of the first wave and only 1 or 2 in the other 2 waves.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Technically I believe 95% of the Kwinn figure is coming out in the Retaliation line.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably not in kacki(sp?) though ^

I'm not into full figure reprints anymore...if that's the case with Kwinn, I will have no use for him

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably not but who knows.

Why yu want Eskimo Joe anyweigh?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
But then you'd get those dickwads that'd spend their whole basement dwelling life complaining that it was an o-ring figure, not even caring to think of how many 25th style figures are produced per year, compared to the zero o-ring style figures for us ARAH guys.

*Cough*95% of the people on Hisstank*cough*

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I agree Falcone lol

I don't do O-rings anymore so I would actually be much happier if the Club did do O-rings so I wouldn't have to spend the money to get their sets.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think they're a fringe-enough group in the Joe universe to not get too upset about, but they're still important enough in the lore that I'm personally irritated to have to shell out the money on the GIJCC JoeCon exclusives. Especially since I'm still pissy about the Club's handling of things this year.

They need to show the fucking figures soon. They need as much good publicity as they can, and I'm hoping the figures at least look decent. It's a set I'm likely to get, even if I despise the Cobra/opposing side of things. That is, if they at least have new head sculpts for most of the figures. It'll be cheaper to get the entire set than buying just the OG on eBay, sadly.

Although I'm not looking forward to giving the Club any of my money anytime soon. Unfortunately, they're really the only source for now of anymore vintage-themed modern figures, except for a few bones tossed here and there in the upcoming movie line.

I wish they'd stick to more non-comic/non-cartoon (generally speaking, meaning they're not heavily featured or "key" members or fan-favorites) figures like the Fridge, or Big Lob, Kwinn, Claymore, Sparta, etc. than guys like Footloose, Cover Girl, Big Boa, the OG, etc.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Spiderman Venom?

If his alter ego is Dr Venom, then yes :D

Wouldn't be a very good alter ego though to have your names be the same

I don't do O-rings anymore so I would actually be much happier if the Club did do O-rings so I wouldn't have to spend the money to get their sets.

Agreed...sure would save us some serious $$$$?...and stress...and complaining

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Here's the first one:

That's actually a decent head-sculpt.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I despise those legs on Snake Eyes, but damn if they don't work on her. That's a good looking figure.

Although it's weird they didn't make Oktober Guard stands...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No, it's done really well.

And damn them for making me want to buy the set now, just because of her. Hopefully the rest will be as amazing. I can't wait to see Horrorshow. He definitely needs new webgear on top of the Bazooka torso you know they'll slap on him.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Whoever did the head sculpt can actually sculpt decent feminine features. I just went from not caring about this set at all to wanting it, and that's just after seeing the first figure.

MR - I know you're probably right in guessing they'll give Horror Show the Bazooka torso, or possibly the ROC Heavy Duty torso. Not that there's too much of a difference between the 2. It would be a shame if they kept him that simple though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What do you know, they actually didn't fuck her up.

The "Russian" camo is pure ass, and the SVDS has been derided ad nauseum, but overall it's not bad.

Anyone getting a set and doesn't want the Commie Whore?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I say close enough for government work.

That head sculpt is a peach.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
how much are these sets at the convention anyway? I'd love to go there not just for the Guard set but it'd be a downer if it is too pricey for me.