Official kitbash/parts swap thread

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Old Stuff.

New Green Shirts

Outback Steak House

The sometimes good guy sometimes bad guy

I heard Chap Mei was going to release a new submarine play-set, so I decided to try my best to take useless parts and make them useful. Not going to lie, he can't turn his head at all.

Some more old crap.

I think the guys at the top were the best looking.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I stole this idea from someone but I can't remember who. The poor man's Night-Viper. He can only shoot from the hip, and the head sculpt is really loose on the ball joint. I also kind of don't like using the Jungle Viper's head because the telescopic stuff comes off too easily. Didn't someone like Tofu Jesse make a cast of something similar to a Night Viper or something?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Mindbender & some Med-troops.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Night Viper's helmet and optic visor has been cast.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I like Outback Steakhouse the best. Simple and effective.

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
first time joe basher here...have been swapping parts around tonight to get th feel for some customs..
first up.. was trying for a simple look..
love th iron knife vibe but didnt want th muscle bound predator thing...
was more thinking of an apache miltia or a shadow wolf tracker for th ARW..http:// [URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/goat101/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140610_011737.jpg.html] [/URL]

http:// [URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/goat101/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140610_011350.jpg.html] [/URL]

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
shades.. I really dig th outback bash , what parts did ye use please mate
and lancelot.. love th sov sub comm! what parts are they from?
great head sculpt

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
shades.. I really dig th outback bash , what parts did ye use please mate
and lancelot.. love th sov sub comm! what parts are they from?
great head sculpt

Yeah I like modern Spirit too. The Sub Commander is Renegades Cobra Commander with 25th Red Star's head, hat and web gear and satchel. Because of the tiny ball joint and the collar of the coat. he can't turn his head hardly at all, but I guess he doesn't need to of all he does is sit at the top of a submarine, that I don't have :(.

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
ta lancelot... will hafta see if I can find me that red star fig..
as to subs... just make th conning tower..would look great with that fig atop it..

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Interesting use of Dr. claw's hands. I'll get you next time Gadget!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
3.5 retaliation duke/Retaliation Agent mouse/3.5 flint bash

One is flint with duke hands,legs&webgear.the rest are Agent Mouse with duke legs,webgear,hands,and some have his lower arms. All of them have had the lower legs switched sides to fix the duke stance,leaving the knees&feet on the correct side. Mouse's upper arms fixes 90% of the range of motion issues with duke,his scarf thing fixes the fitment issue with the webgear.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That's one of the reasons everybody drove the prices of that duke figure up. A shame people like me have to go without. You would think that Hasbro would notice that army/squad build-able figures are some of the most sought after figures, and they would incorporate that into future figure designs or do more re-releases. I get the impression that they were starting to understand that around the 30th Anniversary line, but for whatever reason, completely forgot to do that during Retaliation. Well, I guess they didn't completely forget, they did create squad builder figures, but they weren't released in the manner they should have. The wave one figures should never have existed, and the later wave figures should have been in the first two waves.

But I guess I'm just re-uttering old thoughts. Nice kitbashes none the less. The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that I can't have any figures like that. It makes me jealous as fire fucking.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Thanks I think? Lol.

It's only 6 dukes..I had 14 carded at one time not to long ago.when everyone was selling their 5 below finds on ebay(there's no 5 below here) I was able to accumulate that many at TRU prices,cause nobody was bidding on them,but me.I traded a few here,and traded away 3 more yesterday here. As a matter of fact there's 3 carded still in my trade thread! I feel ya on the prices! There's one TRU and that's it here for me. No fancy discount nothing!! So while everyone who has these places was paying $5,and reselling them for $8-$10 making their chump change,happy as a pig in shit doing it! I was happy to oblige knowing they'll be $20 again in a few weeks...like now.:D it's a timing thing...same thing with the 3 packs w/mouse! Everyone was buying night vipers,and con stuff,completely ignoring 3packs,but me .i was able to get several for $12-$15 shipped! Now,they're back up to around $40.

Wait till 50th hits!! First few weeks everyone will be trying to get the newest thing out,and feeling guilty about spending,so they'll be selling the not so new...most of it'll go ignored cause everyone else wants the next new thing too ...

Last edited:

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
Here is Wetsuit. Hasbro tried their best, but this was obviously supposed to be some sort of Duke in wetsuit figure. Well, I went and switched out his lower legs and replaced them with Viper ones, and gave him flippers from an Eel to match the original figure's more, bare lower arms, a flashlight from the original figure's and a helmet from a Cobra Eel. Had to mod a bit. I would have loved to use the helmet/head set that from Broken Arrows, maybe one day.

Also tried a helmet from ROC Flash.

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
5 pack Shipwreck.
A good looking figure, but I've always felt his lower arms are too scrawny. I switched those out with the ones that came on CP Shipwreck. That way, he still has the tatoo!

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
I gave Dr Mindbender some Viper Lower legs to make them not so twig looking.
plus I feel now he resembles the card art a big more.

Also gave him a gun, and the generator box from the original figure.