On the Workbench

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
He is VERY ready to handle some hogs. ;)

Something about the arms is a tad long. Typical human anatomy has your thumbs landing at about wang level.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm still messing around with the proportions on that figure. I had to put the model together and color it before rendering. And then I used Photoshop to modify the planned proportion changes. I didn't save any of that work as it was just a test run so the attached photo is just a sloppy Photoshop.

I've since figured out how to increase the resolution size for the renders and also lower the diffuse level to cut down the shine. I'm working on testing that all out on the female figure now.

twin3.jpg

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
In theory a super thin mold can be turned inside out,the a mold from that will produce mirrored casts,...in theory that is. Being able to pull it off is another thing,lol. I'd say see if Gigabread can scan the original,and replicate it mirrored? He's the only one I know of with the skill to actually pull something like that off.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Personally I like the 5POA Loki head from AOU as the twins. This mirrored thing causes more issues,because the coat isn't mirrored!! Iirc their entire outfits was mirrored?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Personally I like the 5POA Loki head from AOU as the twins. This mirrored thing causes more issues,because the coat isn't mirrored!! Iirc their entire outfits was mirrored?

Ya I used the Loki heads too & I thing they are perfect, plus it add a nice crossover between Joe & Marvel :)

old picture

I decided I will wait to see what Falcone comes up with before attempting to upgrade the Twins.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have one in my bowl of heads. It came from the Loki I foddered out to make My Cobra Commander...looks like the singer from Bush IMO. I just ordered secret strike Loki last week before I got sick from my son. I've always wanted the figure,but he used to be expensive. Got him MOCfor $12 shipped. I'm going to keep him kinda as is. I modify everything,but I didn't have a Loki yet. I've gotten away from gijoe,and embraced marvel. Mostly due to the lack of new products at retail,and the stale rehashed boring gijoe just got old.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Finally matched up to Joe scale! OMG

Gotta make copies to work on,and add the T-bar.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That bikini line looks, weird. I think it would've been a better mold had the side straps been moved lower or if the thickness of them extended to the thigh seam.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm kinda meh on it myself right now. Really haven't been messing with casting or figures at the moment. I filled the mold to see how it came out inbetween working on a truck at my house.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Here are some scrap casts mocked up. They go SO thin it's ridiculous!! The torso was reduced around 60%! the plastic is around 60% thinner! Transparent in parts even with dye,and extremely brittle in those parts. I have perfect runs tho,and thickened those up from the back with putty to make casts I can actually work with,and put the Joe T bar in perfect,then recast it. Pain in the ass!!

The arm isn't in all the way on the first pic,but it's basically what I'm going with. I have better feet too,reduced from the original figure. I also have some nice hands reduced from a 7" marvel select Thor Natalie Portman figure. I find the Bossfight arms,hands,and feet not that good looking. At least that's my opinion.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Contra I say it every time I see your work but damn you are a beast when it comes to the shrink casts.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lol,thanks!

I'm actually more excited about Marty now,especially after the BTF marathon I watched last week! I ordered more catalyst yesterday! I'll be all geared up for this weekend! I was fighting the expenditure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Something funny but stupid...

I was scrolling through this page and right when I looked at the a$$ in the a$$ pic you posted a few posts up, a character on American Dad said "trunk". Like, exactly the same time. Accidentally perfectly synchronized.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy shit, that blindfold idea is genius. Fuck, now I have to fix that damn female buck's hip. Hope I have a 25th Joe I can break up. :trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Almost makes me want to buy a white buck,and marbleize it! If I only had a scale for the other hand,but I couldn't think of a way to fashion one. Anyone a fan of Metallica?

I even started to tie twine to the limbs,but the pony tail isn't glued on since it's a prototype,and I don't wanna risk damage...kept falling off,and I was getting pissed..it's in mold maker now,so I should be able to pour copies of it,and my shrunken shanna torso tonight! I also finally molded anchor man's head. You should have incoming Tuesday KT after a run a few copies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome. I've got a painted-up white buck waiting for that head.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Well,my first head made for Hacks figures is FINALLY done! And I have copies!!

Funny shit is the earlier pic is the Wrong hair! I overshot the first time,that hair belongs to that head! Reason it wouldn't stay in the peg hole!! lol.

Here is the correct hair in the same scale as the head:

Here it is compared to a stock Hacks head...they are identical in size.

The bad thing is it's a 3 piece head including the neck part.

I'm fixin to pour more copies tonight including a white one for you KT.

Also now have copies of these!!

They're on the same sprue.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

I gotta make a new mold with that hair tho! I put the wrong one in the mold,lol. Loving this head for some reason. I kinda am curious to see it in white myself.

Happy with this one too. Just need to paint one!

Got spares of larger sized cap,and Tony! Also have a couple anchor man if anyone is interested.(don't hit me up with every head you've ever seen and wanted. Prolly don't have one of those made anymore,lol)I have no idea how to tool this neck off,because the jaw line. It's prolly gonna be a trim to fit deal. On a stock professor body it looks good with the neck still on,at least IMO.

I'm running my usual dozen or so,then adding the spares to the eBay bowl.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man I needed that Ron Burgundy head last night...

Would've been so much better with a running and screaming reporter.

Attachments

• Bruderstator20.jpg
    Bruderstator20.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
resized SDCC Shanna.

One of those strange things I shrank,and don't know why. Maybe,because I resized the torso? at the time I felt it was necessary,but after seeing it bare it just looked too stylized. Another example of this was Hope Summers.

They both have a very comic look. Which is fine for people that are into that stuff. Me?, not so much. The TRU black widow falls into this category also. I have both heads from that figure half shrank,saw quickly it wasn't what I wanted,and stopped working on it. The upper torso is nice tho! Lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did you get the Marty stuff shrank down yet? I need to pick some Marty gear and head, a nude chick (to add some naughty bits too :D) and a Ron Burgundy head up from you.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
This is the only one that exists that I've made that is. It's a horrible head sculpt man! What are you trying to make?

Did you get the Marty stuff shrank down yet? I need to pick some Marty gear and head, a nude chick (to add some naughty bits too :D) and a Ron Burgundy head up from you.

I have Ron heads. The Marty head is almost done. I just started the jacket/vest thing. I might have found the answer to your need for naughty bits.trollface: Check out the haul thread post.