OUR WAR WWII Germans Discussion

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Combined several of the Our War German threads into one big super discussion thread.

carry on!

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks to Monkeywrench I was able to get the figures. So, thanks again for helping me with the figs!! :)
about the figs...
They are ok. Definetely not the "ultimate" wwii germans but I am satisfied with my purchase.
They have modern joe style articulation but the poseability is limited due to the design (arms and legs). Nothing that a small modification couldnt fix though.
The figs look somehow "cheap" despite the fact they come with plenty accessories.
The rifle is terrible IMO but the submachine is good and the machine gun ok.
The helmets are also terrible and its a shame because it looks like they ve tried to do a detailed work...
they even print the logos of infantry and third reich on the left and on the right side of the helmet but they ve failed in its design and material.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Anyone know if you can order the stands anywhere? Really digging the look and texture of them.

melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011
Got my German Ourwar set today...

Thanks Melvin!!

Is that my signature "deutscharmy" on the box? ha ha, great you get them in order.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Can anyone post a close up pic of one of the helmets ?

They look to big .

Of what I can see they look the shape of a WW 1 helm.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I've been in talks with Melvin and it sounds like we can organize a second "Site Buy". If you are interested, PM me your inquiries.

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
I've read the Hiya Toys Q+A with Yonghai Wong about the next line they have in mind would be the Afrika Korps, then the Soviets? That sounds nice but maybe it would be better if they proceed with the Soviets first? What do you guys think?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can't say we need another wave of Germans, especially DAK, before we get Reds.

I guess it depends on what they do for DAK figures. They could probably get away with new lower legs replicating the tropical high boots being the only new mold, maybe do an M40 "Afrikamütze". Russians will be ground-up newness.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I would prefer the Reds next but it doesn't matter to me. More Germans, Britts, whatever. I'll get them all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They did one for tooltank.com, too.

Still think them doing a FlaK is a bad idea.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I've read the Hiya Toys Q+A with Yonghai Wong about the next line they have in mind would be the Afrika Korps, then the Soviets? That sounds nice but maybe it would be better if they proceed with the Soviets first? What do you guys think?

Yea, most of the questions were answered a while back except for plastic type and articulation. XOC did some killer reviews though on the figures to show what they offer.

WW2 vehicles are tough as there is not as much interest in the era most likely.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't say it's lack of interest, but lack of diversity.

You can only do an M4, Tiger I, P-51D or Bf-109 so many times before folks have their fill. I have a sneaking suspicion that the vehicles will be Unimax (or lower) quality at JSI prices. And that WILL NOT fly.

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
I'd support the Afrika Korps line. Just hoping they're not simple repaints using the existing German figs.

What the heck am I saying? I'd still buy them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I bet it's mostly new lower legs on repainted wave 1 figures. I doubt they go through the trouble (read: little to no reuse potential) of doing one in just the tropical blouse and service shorts.

Though a Luftwaffe pilot in shorts would be interesting.....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I bet it's mostly new lower legs on repainted wave 1 figures. I doubt they go through the trouble (read: little to no reuse potential) of doing one in just the tropical blouse and service shorts.

Though a Luftwaffe pilot in shorts would be interesting.....

This^^

They are a small company and probably can't afford to do all new tooling on line just months after they released a line.

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
Oooh, look what just came in :)

Supported Hiya Toys WW2 line by buying two sets of Jerries...and I surely will support the Soviets when they come out!!!

EDIT: Anyone here tried to remove their Y-harness? I'm afraid it might break.

Last edited:

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
I wouldn't say it's lack of interest, but lack of diversity.

You can only do an M4, Tiger I, P-51D or Bf-109 so many times before folks have their fill. I have a sneaking suspicion that the vehicles will be Unimax (or lower) quality at JSI prices. And that WILL NOT fly.
^
You can't have high quality at low prices, this stuff won't go to ROSS,
If people wer willing to preorder vehicles and they got enough "PAYING"
customers, it might be possible, but it will never happen, cause people want stuff cheep, diversity doesn't sell either, too expensive, making the most popular vehicles makes business sense, that's what most people will buy, it sucks but that's the reality of it, I buy everything I can afford now so as not to regret later,
I remember all those planes at Walmart, the Whisky Cobra, UH-1, couldn't bring my selfie to pay" those " prices, then few years later I paid triple to get them.
Bottom line is support the lines and we may get more, complain about prices and we get nothing.....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Officers will get a chance to win these later this year! Hiya Toys sent us a few sets for the site and we will be giving one away.