OUR WAR WWII Germans Discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mine would definitely be more real-world and less propaganda joke.

melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011
Hi friends,I just got the samples from factory yeaterday,hot and fresh. We are still improving some details, thanks!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*hums Deutschlandlied*

Pretty good. Heads are a little on the caricatured side, and the straps and slings are a bit thick.

Still, good stuff.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
thanks Melvin!

I am definetely going to buy them! 2x sets I think...

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Very cool, i read they will be available in december but where can i buy them at?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Is there kit removable? IF so than I have a use for those Dragon zeltbahns, I have laying around... I hope I can find them!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like it.

Dunno how well a zelt AND the gear is gonna work out, but I'm sho hoping it does. I got me some ideas all of a sudden.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like it.

Dunno how well a zelt AND the gear is gonna work out, but I'm sho hoping it does. I got me some ideas all of a sudden.

I would replace the torso for a less detailed one thats skinny so, it would hopefully work. Or maybe sand down the stock torso...

And I got some FoV German heads ready for replacement along with some anklets and low boots!

How do these figures stack up to other companies figures? Say Indiana jones, Ultimate Soldier, and Bravo team figures.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The modern US forces were nice, but they are true 3 3/4" and dwarfed by any of the Joes. My only complaint on the US troops were the identical heads, huge weapons and the vest had a sticky/shiny thing going on that made it look like a toy. Figure construction and articulation is superb.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I would replace the torso for a less detailed one thats skinny so, it would hopefully work. Or maybe sand down the stock torso...

And I got some FoV German heads ready for replacement along with some anklets and low boots!

How do these figures stack up to other companies figures? Say Indiana jones, Ultimate Soldier, and Bravo team figures.

Ach, gamaschen!

http://www.dererstezug.com/Gamaschen.htm

There was a lot of evolution from the first 21st Germans and the last, but these should be able to get more dynamic poses. The same will go for the Unimax. They won't touch either of those in the detail department, though.

Kind of wish these came with M39 tornister.

melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011

Same size as Bravo Team.

rkennedy84

The Unwashed
Oct 15, 2013
Will the final release have matched flesh tones?Those forearms are really sticking out to me for some reason.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Will the final release have matched flesh tones?Those forearms are really sticking out to me for some reason.

I would assume so. The figures Melvin has are just reproduction stuff right?

melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011

Hi,we noticed the forearms are not well made so need some DIY there. The final products will be the same as molds are fixed,sorry.

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
I'm gonna buy atleast 2 or 3 sets. Hope there's gonna be a bright future for this line, I really love WW2 stuffs. If we get more, I might give up GIJoe for this toyline.

Hope there's gonna be Americans, Brits, Japanese and Italians. And some generic looking resistance fighters wouldn't hurt. :)

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Hello Melvin,

Is there a chance that you all will be making WW 1 figures for the upcoming 100 year anniversary of WW1 ?